Question Has anyone else gotten a phone call from Aplus hosting?

I registered a domain maybe 3 days ago, and I just got a phone call from someone from "Aplus hosting" wondering if I needed any design work done. Never heard of them.

Has anyone else received a call like this? This is almost worse than telemarketers -- it came on my on cell during work hours. At least you expect the calls around dinner time.

If you're wondering what's the history of a host, a search can often be of help http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s= . In this case, suffice it to say that I'm not exactly surprised to read your report.

I hav'nt, but a friend got it well he was at my house, it was pretty funny,

Actually -
    Just received a call from them last two days - quite annoying as it was at 2am, not sure what the heck they were thinking but I was about to k.. .. be nice to them.

At least whomever it was sounded good and had a nice british accent!

I did not get either, but heard lots of stories regarding that.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I have never gotten anything from Aplus Hosting but I have gotten tons of junk mail and phone calls from other companies.
    ~ Nick

I can't say I've gotten a call from them either.

I've gotten three so far....Two of them I let go to voicemail and the other one I told the girl that I needed to speak to her manager because I could offer Aplus a hosting account for less than what they were paying with better customer support....

She didn't think that was too funny.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

I've received two calls from them in the past 12 months.

Never got a call from them because I never gave my number out to them (When I was looking around for dedicated servers on their site), but I would get annoyed as hell if they called me 2AM in the morning... :-/

I've gotten three so far....Two of them I let go to voicemail and the other one I told the girl that I needed to speak to her manager because I could offer Aplus a hosting account for less than what they were paying with better customer support....

She didn't think that was too funny.

Thanks for that one, least it gives me a good idea on what to do to those annoying ***** when they bother to call if they do. (haven't had one yet myself but who knows right?)

-Justin

I have, I always try to mess with em really bad when they call our offices.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I've never received a call from them but have heard of many other people receiving calls from them.
    Lol... I work as a telemarketer.

I have also received a phone call from them about hosting. I told them I was a hosting company
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

They seem to be quite persistant. I haven't gotten a call from them myself, but if they ever do call me, i'd do something like what some others have said. Probably just ignore it, but that would be really annoying.

While i don't like abusing telemarketers (i work as a cashier right now, so i do sympathize with them) the companies that employ them should be dealt with.

Originally posted by Servax
    Never got a call from them because I never gave my number out to them (When I was looking around for dedicated servers on their site), but I would get annoyed as hell if they called me 2AM in the morning... :-/
    I've never had any dealings with them at all, and never plan to. This company scans recently registered domains and then cold calls the registrant trying to sell them hosting. It's just another form of spam in my book....

Perhaps I've gotten more calls than most because of the number of new domains I tend to register.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....