Amount of spam increased due to my Support program's autoresponses

I am using Perdesk to support my clients. When someone sends a ticket Perldesk produces an auto response. Now I found that the amount of spam is increasing quite much because of the auto responder messages: They tell the spammer that my email address is working and ready to be spammed... What can I do ?

Delete the autoresponder?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

ask your clients to post tickets instead rather then emailing the help desk, and disable email piping.

Could you put a spam filter on the ticketing system as the worse thing possible is for a client to think you've not got the ticket
    Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Unfortunately, thats something that most hosts are going to have to live with for now. As far as I know there isn't any software that won't send you an autoreply back with your ticket information if you submit the ticket via email.

This is something we have put a lot of thought into when creating our own helpdesk software, and the only solution that is viable that we have come up with is to have an integrated spam filter similar to SpamAssassin, which will sort and categorize tickets based on the score it receives from the screening.
    Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is...
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

One of the easier ways to combat this is to simply require that the user have a registered support account (with the e-mail address) and deny e-mail piping to all others. You will never see any spam again! This is very easily accomplished if you are using Perldesk, which you said that you are.

Originally posted by Pheaton
    As far as I know there isn't any software that won't send you an autoreply back with your ticket information if you submit the ticket via email.
    Cerberus doesn't have to. We have it sent to not send an auto response to certain addresses (mainly those used in whois).

-Shaun