Web Hosting Review Sites?

I'm looking to see what should be considered among the most reliable hosting review sites.

I know of http://www.thehostreport.com/, but they seem to be slow in getting customer reviews up, responding to e-mails, etc. recently.

Sites that do this without any form of paid advertising from other hosts would definetly be a plus.
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

Check out whreviews.com
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

I am convinced that almost all those kind of sites are fake, and the reviews are made by paid people. Anyone want to shed some light on this?

I disagree that they're fake, but I'd think before taking any of them as the end all be all.

there are a LOT of hosting places you're not going to find in any hosting review place. i mean let's look at reality. there are over 3.2 billion web pages google is tracking right now. there are so many providers it's just unreal. Not only that, from these hosting review places you also have to remember something, bigger is not always better and you're going to find that a lot of big companies are represented there, as well as numerous companies/people that are somehow connected there. Lots of times you're going to get much better support from a relatively small hosting company.

I'm not knocking these review sites, but i'm saying weigh it against other information.

Remember, the control panels and automation you can get dirt cheap nowadays makes hosting a very hands off approach now. most of your work will be done in control panels.

Some places won't even touch you unless you're a big name! Now how fake; well I can't speak on that but I can image some of them are.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

I am currently developing a web host review property that is 2 months in development.

It is based around the computer component reseller site 'resellerratings.com'. I am hoping that it will turn out successful and be a great resource for web hosts and people searching for web hosting.

So do people really find these site useful? I am banking on the fact that the answer is yes.

My system incorporates a ton of data on the services of each host + a significant amount of categories of which you can rate the webhost.

Based on that I hope people will find it useful when choosing a webhost.

Carro, I think you are right, I've know many customers that have been to hosting review sites to check out the quality of the service and user opinion on it.

I personally don't think many people (average) of businesses or people looking for web hosting go to review sites; at least not from my experience. Most non-technical people won't even know where to look. I think the once that look are like the technical savy people, or resellers that are looking for hosts.

Of course I don't know any numbers or have any to back this up but just like hosting a new review site pops up every day.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps