Interxion ireland colocation the norm?

I was looking around the web and I stumbled upon this link:

It seems a data center in Ireland is doing collocation .. is this the norm? & has anyone had any experience dealing directly with a datacenter for collocation?

Sheffield, South Yorks
    Not usually, I would guess they have partnered with one of their customers to offer this. I'll have a word and find out though
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

You can also get colo from Hosting 365 in their own data centre:

I'm sure DEG, Telecity and Servecentric do it too, although there's probably a minimum of half a cabinet.

This may be a silly question but. Why would you go to a reseller like Hosting 365 if you could go with a data center? Is there an advantage going via resellers?

Hosting 365 aren't a reseller any more, they run their own data centre in Park West.

As for advantages - it depends on the reseller. Some are better than the data centres themselves and some are cowboys..

I didnít think they had a full facility in the new building.. I thought it was more of a comms room but i could be wrong. I havenít been up there so who knows.

Re: advantages I guess it depends on the data centres.

There's some info on it here:

I think they're planning to have nearly all of their shared and dedicated servers there by the end of the year.

Telecity also have a datacentre on the outskirts of Dublin.