Aplus.net OR 1and1.com ???

Hi! I am currently looking for a low cost dedicated server. I found 1and1.com interesting but aplus.net seems to be good too. I don't know what to choose between these 2 company.

Could you please give me some pros and cons about these two company ? About speed, support and uptime ?

1 and 1's email support is terrible (takes days to respond) from what I've heard. Haven't needed it myself for what I have with them (just a hosting package), but their billing department is a mess. Cancellation is a pain (you need to cancel on their site, print a form, sign it and send it in and ununstall/destroy any software you got from them).

Aplus has a lengthly signup process: you must print, sign, and fax both credit card info and TOS/AYP before they sign you up. But their sales people are great. And their TOS/AUP is not as open as I'd like and I've heard of users who had their box pulled because ONE client was doing something they shouldn't.

I looked at both of them before I went with sagonet.com
    Tim Ryberg, InterWorx L.L.C. | InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 3.0!
    Views expressed are the author's own and do not represent those of InterWorx L.L.C. unless stated otherwise.
    Join me in my personal quest for The Ultimate CMS!

Do a search on aplus, you will find a lot about them. I'd stay away from them if possible.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

avoid aplus.net like it was death

I still hate the fact everytime we register a domain we get a phone call from t hem wanting to sell us some thing... I simply hate the fact that they do cold calling.

I'd say NO to either 1 of them. They are both USELESS!!!

Can you search for someone else instead? Both of the companies that you asked about are practically equally as BAD.

Why bother with both of them when you have LOADS more better companies out there?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Originally posted by aodat2
    Why bother with both of them when you have LOADS more better companies out there?
    Could you please give me some providers offering similar services at low cost ?

Is there a specific location or any will do?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Any location will be ok if the ping/speed with Quebec, Canada is acceptable.

Originally posted by DuFFBeeR
    Any location will be ok if the ping/speed with Quebec, Canada is acceptable.
    Well, why not just take a look at everyone around? Look at their signatures, look at their sites. I'm sure you will find something that is similar with 1&1 around here from the posters.

Usually those people who post over here frequently are the ones who could be trusted. If they could not, they would not be posting over here.

Take care and Good luck!!!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I would never buy anything from either of them.

perhaphs the op could post the specs of the server he wants and his price range, so we can furthur assisit him.

Originally posted by JonaY
    perhaphs the op could post the specs of the server he wants and his price range, so we can furthur assisit him.
    I'm looking for:

Linux system (Fedora, RedHat, FreeBSD)
    Intel P4 2ghz minimum
    1gb DDR RAM
    80gb HDD
    100mbits uplink
    1000gb bandwidth
    Plesk included
    ~99$/month

Originally posted by DuFFBeeR
    I'm looking for:

Linux system (Fedora, RedHat, FreeBSD)
    Intel P4 2ghz minimum
    1gb DDR RAM
    80gb HDD
    100mbits uplink
    1000gb bandwidth
    Plesk included
    ~99$/month
    www.layeredtech.com can get you near that price range. They have a special going on for a P4 2.8GHz on rapid deploy!

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Besides the layeredtech.com, I also suggest ev1servers.net because they have some servers which are close to your condition and price.

Another point is that speed connection at EV1 server is quite fast.
    http://www.ferosoft.com
    Solid and Innovative eSolution for People's Everyday Problems

I second layered tech, their support is phenomenal and their machines are very inexpensive, I am very happy with them

In what regards....

Originally posted by aodat2
    I'd say NO to either 1 of them. They are both USELESS!!!

Can you search for someone else instead? Both of the companies that you asked about are practically equally as BAD.

Why would YOU say 'NO?'

'USELESS!!!' in what regards? Those are rather emphatic responses.

Any personal experience w/ either company?

Or was that just a subtle hint to look at your signature?

Let us know. Thanks!

Originally posted by gAdan
    DuFFBeeR

I may be able to help you if you give me a shout on AIM.
    I'm sorry, I don't have AIM.

I'm currently looking at layeredtech.com

I just sent an email to them few hours ago and I already have my answer. Very impressive response time.
    Last edited by DuFFBeeR; 04-25-2005 at 01:13 PM.

oddly enough every email I have sent to layered tech has been responded to in under 5 mins

I finally signup with iweb.ca.

Their offer was unbeleivable and ping was just amazing (around 11ms).

Thanks for your advices !