learning English(lesson2): need help

Hello WHT,

Hello everyone. I have quite fancy task here... have to translate one text from Lithuanian into english and stuct on grammar thing(and probably logic). Maybe anyone could glide throw my txt and fix all mistakes which i have done(there is tons of them, i know.. so thats why i need it to be revised)? I need it by tomorow...
    Any notices about lapses are welcome.

Very thank you

-----------------------------------------
    Short travel guide for inbounders into Lithuania

Short travel guide for Western Europe inbounders, coming into Lithuania: geography, national character, sport, kitchen, Kaunas, art and etc..

Geography

Lithuania is sea region country. Hers sea border is two times longer than in Belgium. Lithuanian sea marine is about 260 times smaller than in Belgium(look at: Economy). Lithuanian capital is not Riga, as its acceptable to think, but Vilnius, which isn't city of Russia.

Citizens

Lithuanian citizens divide themselves into two categories: "beetroot's" (its such vegetable) and "elite".

Late years started to develop third category - "Cabbage's of Brussels".

In Olympiad time, citizens of all categories accordingly holds national basketball league.

National character

Real lithuanian for first jibed alien rushes to claim about doggy life in Lithuania, what all lithuanians - loosers and we have only chiefs in government.

All lithuanians, aged adulthood, requests for nationality record in their passport.

More elder lithuanian is, more he believes in tales(look at: Language)

Sport

Every citizen of Lithuania - if not high class basketball player, then at least expert of this sport type.
    To talk about basketball for lithuanians is the same as englishry about weather. Its a ritual, close to roman liturgy(look at: Religion)

Artistic flights over the bridges - second of most favorite sport type. One lithuanian capable to fly, remainders - drink for his health.

None of lithanians can play baseball, but frequent of them are mastered in straight baseball bat beat technique.

Kitchen

Here you can get in shank European part rarely very local delicacy - in special chimney-stack smoked stiffed hypodermic fat layer of the pig. Local citizens this dish calls "lašiniai".

In Lithuania are valid principle: good kitchen - plenty kitchen.

Lithuanians absolutely ignores healthily food principles, that's why theirs dishes commonly made from natural products.

Best lithuanian kitcheners - gents. Food making womans.

Cities

There is serveral cities plus Kaunas(look at: Kaunas)

Almost all city residents have capability in ground reclamation by old-style horse-drowned plough and grass cutting with scythe, womans - handy way of milking cow.

Syndrome Of "Darius and Girenas"

Lithuanians are minded to start every job expecially effectively and finish quite poorly or leave unfinished.
    Its very often happens in sports or politics zone.

Roads

From very good until improbable bad. Sometime capital falls into nowhere directed highways. Also falls roads, having very good cover, but without hirizontal denotation.
    Local traffic participants (look at: Traffic) perfectly polorize without it.

National idea

To have a Master(look at: National character)

Religion

Lithuanians - last European pagans. Though now they call Lithuania "land of Maria", however residual of pagal you can find in every step. Much says the fact, what lithuanian national religion calls basketball and praise few idols. Idol generally descriptive with basketball outfit. Supreme lithuanian idol is Sabas.

Heritage

There are three kinds of lithuanan heritage. First - all throw regularly wars vestigial inconsumabled buildings.

Second - glorious past. Third - infamous past. Third heritage is very thoroughly protected by endeavour of society.

Kaunas

Most lithuanian city. His residents most of all country citizens likes to listed Russian music.

Traffic

Slight of prohibitive or restrictive road signs - honor deal. Suspicions for road police provocates emphatically disciplined and polite traffic members.For those who undemand ticket, police invokes flexible penalty discounting system - 50-90proc.. Bargain about discount size are stringent.

Architecture

In Lithuanian city architecture widely applicable architectural hill principle. In the beginning sity regularly decored with building, then so-so in every 50 metres specially pranged. From survived building group are shaped above-mentioned architectural hills. Because of last time bombing was more than 60 years ago, those architectural hills, especially in capital Vilnius, was started to formulate in artificial way.

World-view

Here concurrent two mainstreaming nova days world-view systems: a)commit no nuisance; b) drop all force to garbage picking. Both world-view exponents losing luck.

Media

Lithuanian media distinguish in special outwardness.

Economy

Cars are not producible in Lithuania. Most revenue are coming from car export into Russia - car industry giant.

Language

However you wonder, lithuanians are talking not in Russian, but in lithuanian language.
    Our language is very old, so its very specious for tale narration.

Village

More government in Lithuania unregarded elementary economical logic, better swains live.

Art

Most popular lithuanian descriptive art object - so-called "Cross"(Rūpintojėlis). In most cases "cross" scooped from wood and descripts upset God. Foreign experts by traditional "cross" look estimate , what from chirstianity acception time lithuanian are agonized by stomach problems.

--------------------------------------

ok, not a great linguist, I don't know much about Lithuania, or know anything about the topic, but i'll have a go.

Short travel guide for visitors to Lithuania

Short travel guide for Western European visitors, coming to Lithuania: geography, national character, sport, cuisine, Kaunas, art and etc..

Geography

Lithuania is a costal country. Her coast is two times longer than that of Belgium. ??Lithuanian sea marine is about 260 times smaller than in Belgium?? (see: Economy). The Lithuanian capital is not Riga, as popularly thought, but Vilnius, which isn't a Russian city.

Citizens

Lithuanian citizens divide themselves into two categories: "beetroot's" (such as the vegetable) and "elite".

Lately, there has started to develop a third category - "Cabbage's of Brussels". possibly 'brussel sprouts'

In Olympiad times, citizens of the different categories take part in a national basketball league.

National character

???Real lithuanian for first jibed alien rushes to claim about doggy life in Lithuania, what all lithuanians - loosers and we have only chiefs in government.???

All Lithuanian adults, request a nationality record in their passport.

The elder a lithuanian is, the more they believe in tales(see: Language)

Sport

Every citizen of Lithuania - if they are not a high class basketball player, then at least they are an expert in this sport.
    To talk about basketball for lithuanians is the same as the English talk about the weather. It is a ritual, close to roman liturgy(see: Religion)

???Artistic flights over the bridges - second of most favorite sport type. One lithuanian capable to fly, remainders - drink for his health.???

No Lithanians can play baseball, but most of them are masters in straight baseball batting technique.

Kitchen

???Here you can get in shank European part rarely very local delicacy - in special chimney-stack smoked stiffed hypodermic fat layer of the pig. Local citizens this dish calls "lašiniai".???

In Lithuania there is a very valid principle: good kitchen - full kitchen.

Lithuanians absolutely ignore the priciples of healthy eating not sure if you mean to say this, that's why their dishes are commonly made from natural ingredients.

The best lithuanian chiefs are men, preparing food is for women. this does not make sense to me

Cities

There is serveral cities plus Kaunas(see: Kaunas)

Almost all city residents have the skills of farming by traditional horse-drawn plough and grass cutting with scythe. Women milk the coes by hand.

Syndrome Of "Darius and Girenas"

Lithuanians are known to start every job very effectively and finish quite poorly or leave jobs unfinished.
    It very often happens in sports or politics.

Roads

From very good to improbably bad. Sometimes money falls into dead-end roads may be wrong interpretation. Roads may also have a good covering, but have numerous pot-holes.
    The local traffic (see: Traffic) can live without it. does not really fit with the line before

National idea

To have a Master(see: National character)

Religion

Lithuanians are the last European pagans. Though now they call Lithuania "land of Maria possibly meaning 'mary' if translated to english",signs of pagans an be found everywhere. Many people say the national religion is basketball and praise the stars as idols possibly. An idol is usually seen in basketball kit possibly. The biggest Lithuanian idol is Sabas.

Heritage

There are three kinds of lithuanan heritage:
    ???Firstly, all throw regular wars vestigial inconsumabled buildings.???
    Secondly, a wonderful history.
    Thirdly, an infamous history. This is very well protected by society.maybe

Kaunas

Most Lithuanian city. The residents like to listen to Russian music more than anyone else in the country.

Traffic

There are not many prohibitive or restrictive road signs - wonderful. Suspicionsof the traffic police makes for well disciplined and polite drivers. For those who are given a ticket, the police invokes a flexible penalty system - 50-90proc.. ???Bargains about the discount amount are stringent.??? not too sure what this means

Architecture

In Lithuanian cities, architecture is widely appreciated with the architectural hill principle.not sure what the architechtural hill priciple is. In the beginning the cities had a group of buildings together, then a 50 metre specially pre-arranged space. From the surviving buildings are shaped the fore-mentioned architectural hills. Because the last bombing was more than 60 years ago, those architectural hills, especially in the capital Vilnius, have started to formulate in artificial way.

World-view
    ???
    There are two concurrent mainstream world-view systems:
    a) commit no nuisance;
    b) drop all force to garbage picking. Both world-view exponents losing luck.
    ??? not sure what this paragraph means

Media

Lithuanian media is distinguished in it's special outwardness.

Economy

Cars are not produced in Lithuania. The most revenue is coming from exporting cars into Russia - the car industry giant. These two sentences do not make sence together

Language

Whatever you think, lithuanians do not talk Russian, but Lithuanian.
    Our language is very old, so it is used a lot in tales.

Village

More government in Lithuania unregarded elementary economical logic, better swains live. no idea what this means

Art

The most popular lithuanian art is a so-called "Cross"(Rūpintojėlis). In most cases, the "cross" is carved from wood and describes an upset God. ??Foreign experts by traditional "cross" look estimate , what from chirstianity acception time lithuanian are agonized by stomach problems. ?? not sure what this means, are you talking about a cross such as a +, like the sign for Christianity?

It is mostly ok, I tried to point you in the right direction but i may have made some wrong choices in my meaning.

Let me know if you need more explanations or more help
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting
    UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage

learning English(lesson2)
    I hope this isn't your homework
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Yeah, don't rely on others to do your homework. If you do, at least have a go (which you did) then learn from your mistakes.
    Let us know how you did.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting

or.....

rentateacher.com .... (does it exist :p)

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

When I was doing homework, I would often look on the web for solutions, but found it took longer to find these and modify them for my use than actually figuring it out for myself. Also when looking for stuff on the internet, it is so easy to get side-tracked...like this!
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting

Originally posted by starfinder
    When I was doing homework, I would often look on the web for solutions, but found it took longer to find these and modify them for my use than actually figuring it out for myself. Also when looking for stuff on the internet, it is so easy to get side-tracked...like this!
    I think hes trying to act upon your signature...

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Greetings,

Diaga>>no, its not for uni. Just for fun

starfinder>> huge thanks to your side. Really appreciate your help
    It went throw

No problem, pleased to help.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting

Starfinder did a great job helping you and full credit to him. Now having said that I musy say it doesn't really make much sense in either version. The spelling is bad, the punctuate is worse and the gramma is non existant. I was hoping somebody like "write speak" would have dropped in and offered to do it.

By the way starfinder did a better job than what I could have managed.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I know doc, its because its translated literally from our language, without trimmings. Its like translating text from japanese - you'll understand nothing even then its translated into english.
    I'm not good at english.... after ten years i'll transte this into normal conversational language.

For this time only appologies....(God, how lame i am )

cheers doc. There are quite a few sentences which have been translated literally which are really hard to understand - I suppose that is a problem with the language. It also sems to mix formal and informal phrases, not generally a good idea for a guide book.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting