which webmail program should I select?

Hi Guys,

Since a LOT of you guys are hosts, I have a question. My current host has 3 different webmail packages I can use to check email:

Horde, Squirrelmail, and NeoMail.

Do any of you have any recommendations as to which package is the best one? I don't anticipate having more than 3-4 total email addresses, and all of them will be pointers to the main email that I check with webmail.

Rob W.

I always had a personal liking for Squirrelmail
    Secured Shared and Reseller Web hosting Solutions
    We Host Your Trust

San Jose, CA.

Openwebmail is based on Neomail but contains a few years more development and features. Openwebmail is still an active project (as opposed to Neomail)...

I don't have much familiarity with Horde or Squirrelmail, but I'd strongly advise against Neomail.

USA, FL
    I used neomail for a while and will say it works for very very basic functions. Then I found squirrelmail and saw how much better it is. Now, i would highly recommend squirrel but will say I have only used Horde once and just wasnt my type of mail program. Although, only used it once so cant really say if it was good or bad.

Rob: You can probably use all three, so try them all and pick which one you like. As a system operator I like Squirrelmail because it's easy to modify and customize. But as an end user you won't be able to to that, so Horde might be better as it has a few more features out of the box. It's really a matter of personal preference though.

I prefer squirrel mail as it is very simple with all needed facilities . Ofcourse horde too, but only second in my list.
    On exceeding mail quota squirrel mail shows some error that neomail don't.

Last edited by cinu; 04-25-2005 at 06:47 AM. -Transparent Technical Support for Webhosts
    Let the PROs handle your support