Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defender/PowerVPS Outage

We are working an issue in our Ashburn Equinix location that is causing an outage/high packet loss across the network, we will update this thread when we find out more.

We are sorry about this issue, and we have everyone on this urgent matter at this time.

Yes... and your ticket system doesn't work either!

Every ticket we open gives:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/powervps.com/support/cerberus-support-center/includes/widgets/track_tickets/box_track_ticket_view.php on line 60

And as you point out... every one of our sites there is down.

Please give an ETA as soon as possible, so we can take an objective view on whether to move our most time sensitive sites.

I am pinging all the way through to powervps.com without any packet loss. Seems like it is fixed now.

Cheers

Definitely still down from here!

BGP is coming back up, and right now we show one /24 offline and some packet loss on the others.

JenniH, not sure why the web portal isn't working for you, try again or submit via email to support@defenderhosting.com or support@powervps.com.

Will update when we get all BGP sessions back online and when everything is working 100%.

Wow Dinix & Now this. Thanks to all those people who referred me to Powervps. Still down here as well.

Originally posted by DensityHost
    Wow Dinix & Now this. Thanks to all those people who referred me to Powervps. Still down here as well.
    Dinix & PowerVPS are completely different storys. Dinix planned that downtime, PowerVPS did not.. simple as.

However, if you find a network thats completely bullet proof with the service you get through PowerVPS, Feel free to PM me now wont ya

Sorry Tom... but this is STILL down!!!

Alerta:

04/24/2005 10:28:42 Atlanta USA Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Oklahoma City USA Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Las Vegas USA Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Hong Kong CHINA Error N/A 30.01 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Chicago USA Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Frankfurt GERMANY Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 Orlando USA Error N/A 30.00 N/A
    04/24/2005 10:28:42 London UK Error N/A 30.00 N/A

Can we have an ETA please?

Intermittent Contact

I assumed that it was just my VPS that was down and out, since I was able to reach the main powervps.com website. The portal site continues to be accessable.

I was able to submit a ticket without any problem. I did not experience the issue JenniH reported.

I got the powevps broadcast message a few seconds after submitting my trouble ticket.

I did get through to my VPS for a few seconds about 1/2 hour ago, but it was brief and did not last.

At least I know it's not just my VPS that's dead.

I think the ticket error shows the advantage of also offering phone support (as Servint do: which I think swung it for some people who were torn between them and PowerVPS).

Regardless, the main thing at this point is getting thes up and running.

Can you give us an ETA Tom? I'll have to start shifting our time critical sites out very shortly, as we will have to assume the owrst (what else can we do?).

Can you give us an idea?

We are still investigating the root cause, in the mean time we are tyring to bring up BGP off the core router to bring the sessions and connectivity back until we determine what is wrong with the core.

As for an ETA, I will know more shortly on the progress and how long it will take.

Originally posted by JenniH
    I think the ticket error shows the advantage of also offering phone support (as Servint do: which I think swung it for some people who were torn between them and PowerVPS).
    In cases of massive network issues, all lines would be busy anyway. They're answering e-mail sent to support@powervps.com and support@defenderhosting.com pretty quick letting folks know, and they also sent out a mass e-mail to all the customers letting them know.

>> They're answering e-mail sent to support@powervps.com and support@defenderhosting.com <<

Really? We've not had a response yet..... hence the need to communicate here.

Tom: Any closer to that ETA yet?

A mass e-mail was sent to all e-mail accounts on file explaining they were having network issues. They also have been replying to support e-mails that have been sent.

Below is the message I got:

Hello,

This is just a quick update to acknowledge the unavailability of your server. This is due to a network issue. The hardware nodes themselves and your servers are online. We're currently investigating the problem. We're trying to determine if it's a DDoS attack or something else.

We sincerely apologize for the issue and are working to restore service as quickly as possible. I will update this ticket as soon as possible once we know something further.

Obviously a mass email is NOT the same as "They're answering e-mail sent to support@powervps.com and support@defenderhosting.com".

Regardless, at this juncture all I want is the sites back up, or failing that, an ETA so that we have some data to work with and base decisions on.

>> They're answering e-mail sent to support@powervps.com and support@defenderhosting.com <<

Really? We've not had a response yet..... hence the need to communicate here.

Tom: Any closer to that ETA yet?
    What is the ticket number you submitted? As far as I am aware all tickets have seen a response, and all customers have been sent an announcement email.

We are moving all of the affected subnets off of the core router and onto other routers as I type this until we can fix the main problem.

Obviously a mass email is NOT the same as "They're answering e-mail sent to support@powervps.com and support@defenderhosting.com".

Regardless, at this juncture all I want is the sites back up, or failing that, an ETA so that we have some data to work with and base decisions on.
    Jenni, I think its a case of either/or here.

Either we personally respond to every downtime ticket and tripple the time it takes to resolve the issue, or we bulk reply to every downtime request and focus on getting the router back up.

>> We are moving all of the affected subnets off of the core router and onto other routers as I type this until we can fix the main problem.<<

How long will that take? I'll looking for a time based ETA...

For ticket numbers try CFG-10196-357 or maybe HVW-64403-518.

Don't forget though that your ticket system gives us: "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/powervps.com/support/cerberus-support-center/includes/widgets/track_tickets/box_track_ticket_view.php on line 60" when we try to open the ticket itself.

My prime concern though is the ETA. Can you offer an estimate?

JenniH-

It is impossible to give an ETA in these circumstances.

As I type this it looks like everything is back up except for one subnet, which we are working on.

I also looked into those two tickets and they DID get responses from our staff.

>> I also looked into those two tickets and they DID get responses from our staff. <<

We havn't got an email response on them... and as I mentioned, we can't get into the tickets themselves. Maybe the former is caused by the latter. Either way, WHT is currently the only way we can contact you.

>> As I type this it looks like everything is back up except for one subnet <<

Our VPS is still down, so I assume it is on that subnet.

The sites seem to be back up Tom. Will this be stable (they went down again earlier)?

Also, could you get someone to look at out ticket errors? We feel exposed without the ability to use the official support system.

Thanks.

My VPS just came back up. If you give me your domain name, I'll try to check to see if I can access it.

The sites seem to be back up Tom. Will this be stable (they went down again earlier)?

Also, could you get someone to look at out ticket errors? We feel exposed without the ability to use the official support system.

Thanks.
    JenniH-

All subnets and VPS servers should now be back online. I assume you sent that email from an address NOT on your VPS right?

I didn't get an email from the response to my first ticket either. It was responded to, I just never got an email. I also got the error viewing online like JenniH did - so I never knew it was responded to. So it just appears to be a problem with the ticketing system.

Yes, it is the ticketing system. Definitely not our emails.

And Tom... we did open the tickets from within our account. We simply get the error message when we try to see your responses. Hopefully this can be sorted reasonably quickly.

Thanks.... Jenni
    Last edited by JenniH; 04-24-2005 at 11:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast