Hosts with RAID (mirroring)

Does anyone know of any hosts that mirror their drives? I have my personal sites hosted at http://sv1hosting.com and have for about 6mo. (Nothing but good things for me to say about them, but they dont' have RAID) For my personal sites, no mirroring is OK, because I don't even use the domain email (I use gmail) and in the event of a disk failure I keep a backup of my small sites. Nothing "mission critical" by any stretch of the imagination.

That said - I am making a site for a law firm I work for and wouldn't feel comfortable hosting their website (and mainly their email) on a machine that doesn't mirror their drives - so a disk failure won't mean complete loss of email.

Any ideas of any hosts that can fit the bill?

RAID
    ~1gb disk (500 would be fine too)
    ~10-25gb bandwidth
    a few add-on domains should the need arise
    and did I mention RAID!!!

Thanks!

MDColson
      0 Not allowed!

I think most hosts offer RAID (yikes if they don't!).

You'd probably narrow down your list quicker if you found a few hosts you really liked and asked them if their servers have it.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, RAID should be very standard in webhosting companies. However, RAID should be no excuse for a host not to make off-site backups of server data. RAID has been known to fail in rare cases.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
      0 Not allowed!

We have always used Raid 1 or Raid 5 depending on the situation but please please please do not rely on a host that uses Raid as a backup. Why?? Glad you asked.. Raid is NOT a backup, Raid is a mirror drive that writes data to multiple drives at one time. So this is good right?? Sure unless the server is taken down by a hacker or virus or other unforeseen event that writes to all drives at once and renders all drives useless. Also depending on the Raid configuration the 2nd (or other drives) maybe not be readable if the main drive fails that has the main OS info.

With that said Yes Raid is good but daily off-server (even better off premises) backups are what you are going to want to look for.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Hosts with RAID (mirroring)

Originally posted by MDColson
    Does anyone know of any hosts that mirror their drives?
    That said - I am making a site for a law firm I work for and wouldn't feel comfortable hosting their website (and mainly their email) on a machine that doesn't mirror their drives - so a disk failure won't mean complete loss of email.

Any ideas of any hosts that can fit the bill?

RAID
    I might be better if you try looking for hosts that do daily backups.

Good luck
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com
      0 Not allowed!