1. Best ways to promote your website online?

This might be a regular topic but I didnt see it on the first page so I decided to ask it in a topic.

How can I best promote my site online? What options do I have? What is the best way to atrackt costumers to my site?
    (also methods that require payment are appriciated)

Greetings,
    Dieter.

Start by adding your site 1 by 1 to search engines (dmoz.org being the most important). Find sites with similar content and exchange links... Those are two big ones.

If you've got the budget for it, Google AdWords is great for getting targetted visitors.
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

or you can register and post in alot of forums and put ur link in the signature

submit to directories
    add links in your sig
    trade links
    search engines
    SEO

Originally posted by rahan46
    (dmoz.org being the most important). Find sites with similar content and exchange links... Those are two big ones.
    thanks for the tip - can you think of any more similar sites to dmoz.org?

If you want immediate traffic (make sure you have good content first) then use a variety of pay-per-click search engines. Make sure you measure conversion to know which are working.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

sorry for the thread hijack but whats the best amount to enter in for cost per click as they keep putting my keywords on hold.
    Webhosting: www.dlshosts.co.uk

sorry, meant to say i'm talking about google adwords
    Webhosting: www.dlshosts.co.uk

Can you understand html language ?
    If you can ,just see the code below:
    <Meta name="Keywords" Content="keyword,keyword,keyword,keyword,keyword,...">

the robots of search engines will record your website's url automaticly. It works well.Have a try .Good luck.

With respect to CPC, you really have to experiment. Don't go with the amount that defaults because you can spend yourself into oblivion almost immediately. You'll want to focus first on setting up a scheme to measure conversion tracking to figure out how well your keywords perform. Once that is set up on you PPC network and at your website then focus on making a good ad and doing some keyword research. Different keywords will have different CPC's to be relevant. You also want to use many [exact match] as opposed to "precision match" or broad match keyword combos to increase your relevancy and Click Through Rate. Next you'll want to create good ad copy. Once you have all those things then you'll be ready to maximize profits. With Google you sometimes have to start out paying more to increase your CTR and then you can gradually lower it if your ad performs well and you're ad will maintain position based on CTR and max CPC.

I know it's all very confusing but I don't have time to retype everything I know and have experienced in CPC advertising and need to focus on wavetops here.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I'd recommend stopping by a forum like forums.seochat.com or cre8asiteforums.com.

They are specifically targeted towards the marketing and SEO end of a site. You can also find some very good resources online about how to properly conduct SEO at sites like:

www.seobook.com
    www.seomoz.org
    www.seoguy.com

Be wary of what you read online, however, there is a lot of misinformation on the subject of SEO. DMOZ, in particular, is a great link to have, but it's not always the most time/cost efficient. It can take 6 months to 2 years before you are listed after submission, and your adherence to their rules must be very strict.

Best of luck!
    Several good tools for SEO | My SEO Blog

Hi,

Here are some suggestions:

1. Optimize your site for search engines
    2. Submit to search engines (see my sig for free submission)
    3. Use pay-per-click advertising (Adwords, overture)
    4. Get reciprocal links
    5. Post to forums with your sig linking to your sites
    6. Write articles (include resource box linking to your site)
    7. Promote offline (business cards, letterheads, press releases, etc.)
    8. See my sig below for more ideas.

Good luck!

Never had much luck with reciprocal linking. I often find too many cheaters who remove your link two months down the line.

Good content will have others linking back to you.

Until then, submit to the directories, optimize your meta tags and be patient. Getting indexed can take a while.

Submitting to search engines did wonders for me. The difference was clear!

All good suggestions above.

> Link exchange with other high traffic, relevent websites.
    > Join forums relevent to your site and post with your sig.
    > Add your website to search engines, google, dmoz etc.
    > Buy advertising space/traffic/ppc/adwords

In that order Word of mouth is your best bet!

Originally posted by PCTechBytes
    Never had much luck with reciprocal linking. I often find too many cheaters who remove your link two months down the line.

Hi,

In that case, you can use automated link exchange scripts like Link manager and the Bookfinder.us Swapware (both are free, just go hotscripts.com to search for them).

I started doing manual link swapping but gave up after getting too many cheaters. The automated link management programs that I mentioned allows you to easily delete the cheaters without any manual coding.

1. Never add your sites manually to a search engine, you'll get blacklisted.
    2. Have it in your signature at every forum you post, and go to forums and post, it's especially good if you are the moderator of the forum, every1 will click that link, also put it in your profile.
    3. Sign up for Adwords.
    4. Buy legal emails of a few hundred thousand people, and email them, although be carefulw ith this one, certain laws apply.