sagonet's building

doesn't it kinda look like a walmart switched over to a DC?

I don't think you are wrong but it probably isn't a walmart. I thought I read somewhere that they moved into a disused Supermarket in a shopping center. But the space is probably quite appropriate for the purpose with the necessary modifications.

I would guess that although it shares the same address, they have a separate entrance to Sagonet and thus the 'building in building' terminology is used.

yea, it probly does great as a DC, just wondering if I was the only one that thought it kinda looked like walmart / supermarket

Originally posted by Mooecow
    yea, it probly does great as a DC, just wondering if I was the only one that thought it kinda looked like walmart / supermarket
    It was discussed before, I cant recall where/when, but it was indeed an old commercial building, though I'm not 100% positive it was a supermarket. Someone recognized a chunk of a sign somewhere, or something of that nature.

Re: sagonet's building

Originally posted by Mooecow
    I still tell Vanessa it's a old Home Depot, and she just get's adam on me

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

any pictures ?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

http://www.sagonet.com/templates/def...o-panorama.gif

That is the only one I could find.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Looks like a Lowes with green instead of the blue that lowes uses.
    Webby Enterprises LLC
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Orlando, FL and Saint Louis, MO
    In the business since 1997!

Lets see some photos of the inside.
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

Haha yes it does look like a WalMart. And a lot of people must work there cause I see a bunch of cars. Looks more like a shopping center than a place for a DC.

Best Regards,
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

Shop for food and bandwidth!
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

I read that it used to be an old furniture store.

Originally posted by coconutboy
    I read that it used to be an old furniture store.
    Yeah the furniture company closed something like 8 buildings at the same time and miller bought that one. Then he put a couple million in for restoration, upgrades modifications ect... The inside is really nice looking now that most of the construction is done.

As long as they "switched" it over properly, then it's all good
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

It used to be a furniture mall. but I believe one of theplanet DC is also something similar. End of the day it's what you do to the building.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

I swear.. that's a Lowes. Haha
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    I swear.. that's a Lowes. Haha
    That's what I thought too, originally, but it turns out that it was a furniture store. They've done an amazing job with the datacenter though. Remember, EV1 turned a warehouse/distribution center into a datacenter and office space, and very well at that. As long as you have a solid outside structure, you can turn any building into anything else on the inside.

18. They must have got a pretty decent deal on the furnitures for the datacenter then. Maybe every employee has a table made of mahogany wood.

The more I am interested to check out what its like inside the DC.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Originally posted by [email protected]
    They must have got a pretty decent deal on the furnitures for the datacenter then. Maybe every employee has a table made of mahogany wood.

The more I am interested to check out what its like inside the DC.
    And you can.. http://www.sagonet.com/datacenter
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |