Thread: New Host Needed

New Host Needed

I've decided to abandon Pixiehost! I cannot deal with this crap anymore. I need a new host asap. Does anyone have any recs?

I'm looking for about 500 megs, 30+ gb transfer, and mysql

I paid about $6 a month for this at pixie host. Is there any way to get that same type of rate from someone else?

Thank you very much
    -grant

You might want to check out the Shared and Reseller offers forum section at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=4

Remember to look into them before you buy, pre-sales questions always help too!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

may be not exactly $6 but you can look at the offerings at
    ( not in any specific order )
    tera-byte, unitedhosting.co.uk, enhancedhost.com, axishost, hostpc, rochen

if you are sure and clear about their system resource usage polcy and satisfied with that you can go with any of them

Another section you may want to check out is the Shared and Reseller Offers, however as RefreshNet stated, make sure to do backup checks, and search the forums for both good and bad threads about the company before actually signing up.

Good luck.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

The service may not improve with that budget. Then again there are plenty of hosts who'll offer the space/bandwidth you require at those prices in the shared/reseller forum. ******.com is offering something crazy again. You may want to check them out.

I think adding few more dollars into your budget can provide you a better service. Now days many hosters are offering world of service with 4/5 $ US but in my coin they will start getting bad reviews pretty soon.

Only problem is with their massive overselling business they can afford to buy out ads which leads more sales and more refugee clients within few months in WHT.
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

No host can directly respond to you as its against the rules. Try searching around here or in the Ad section you should be able to find quite a few hosts for your needs.

Best of luck.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

You can try out for the advertisement forum and check for the deals offered by the various hosts and the resellers. You can also request a quote in order to search for a compatible offer from any of the host around.

Re: New Host Needed

Originally posted by hfhf6
    I've decided to abandon Pixiehost! I cannot deal with this crap anymore. I need a new host asap. Does anyone have any recs?

I paid about $6 a month for this at pixie host. Is there any way to get that same type of rate from someone else?

Thank you very much
    -grant
    You can get the same or even cheaper rate from someone else. That doesn't mean that your satisfaction will improve even by a bit.

What kind of site do you have? I'm just curious because, I don't think it's a personal site (30+gb) and if it's commercial you'll be willing to spend some more on hosting.
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com

I've decided to abandon Pixiehost! I cannot deal with this crap anymore.
    Hi! It seems as you had a lot of problems with pixiehost.. i would really like to know more abt it..

Also you can get a good host probably around 7-10$ per month..or may be less.. but do proper research before you buy.. its better you take your time..research abt hosts and then buy instead of hurrying up and inviting future problems..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

My site if for my band, and we've got lots of songs and pictures up, hence the bandwidth. I also host files for people a lot (not warez) so that takes up bandwidth a lot too.

My problems: Basicly the company went under for about 3 months, and I could not contact them at all. Then they sent out an e-mail saying that everything would be ok, they had sold the company and it would come back. Now their site is down, my site is down, and all my files are gone (yes I have backup, but I'm still quite annoyed)

Also, the owner was indicted for fraud and hosting warez, so I really don't want to be involved in that. I'm willing to pay more than $6 but probably not too much more than $10.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll check all those out. Also, does anyone have any long term experience with HostGator? They seem to have big packages and pretty good history. Any current issues I would want to know about.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll check all those out. Also, does anyone have any long term experience with HostGator?
    You'll find many ppl's experiences if you do a search on "hostgator".

And yes they do have good reputations around here...

Well, I signed up for Host Gator for 3 months, and I'll see how that goes. If I have any significant problems, I may try to find something else. Thanks for all your help.

You can surely come and share the experience with HostGator over here. Whether it is bad or good.

And good luck for your future hosting.

Do a google search, you should be able to find a good low priced web host in their sponsored links section!

Personally, I would suggest something other than ******.

I would go with Micfo, or DreamHost. I have accounts with both, and things work fine.
    At Micfo with long contracts, you get very inexpensive rates.

Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Thank you very much
    -grant
    Hi hfhf6,

If you look in some of the web hosting directories (eg hostpulse.com, tophosts.com) you will definitely find some hosts who offer plans that meet the requirements you list from $5 to $10 per month.

It sounds as if you are looking for a reliable host (!!)- it might be a good idea to find out how experienced a host is and what degree of support they offer. You could work out which hosts seem interesting by looking at the directories, then come back here and ask others about their experience with those hosts.

Hope it works out better for you this time

I too think you are asking too much - this is a lot of bandwidth (30 gb) for a $6 account. There are three hidden factors in web hosting; reliability, performance, and security. Bandwidth, disk space, and gimmicky features, aren't everything.
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

Just be careful that you don't go for the cheap option - as most often you will find that the support is lacking.