Angry Buying a TLD from underneath you....!!

Ok, first of all I want to say, "Please do not give me the, you should have speach". I already know. That having been said, just yesterday, someone registered the .net TLD for my domain. It is clear that I have been using this trade mark for my business and I am not too worried about this. However, I really would like to get this domain. I tried registering it today, this is how I found out. Day late and a domain short now, I am pretty upset.

Are there any steps that can be taken to get this domain from this person?

The registrar of this domain used this site for his info. So, it is apparent that he/she is in the same industry. What could this person possibly want with this domain? What could their intentions be?

http://www.bluearctic.com

Also, I am not sure if it is coincidence, but just yesterday I was messing around with my enom reseller account in test mode registering domains. I test regitered this exact domain. Is there someone who scours these test domain registrations and registers them from underneath people?

It just seems a little awkward that I was doing that yesterday and then it gets registered in the same day.

Any advice, suggestions, experiences, or comments are appreciated. However, I am not interested in hearing that " You should have regitered it to start with!"
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

Something similar happened to me with a test name registration last year like a few days after i tested it out it got registered which I found extremely werid. I am pretty sure your theory is correct.

The created date for bluearctic.com is 2002/12/10 and 2003/9/9
    for bluearctic.net. It's probably because eNom test site database is not current and lets you test register taken domains.

Registrant:
    blue arctic +1.3216248337
    blue arctic
    4438 Freedom Rd.
    Kissimmee,Florida,US 34746

Domain Name:bluearctic.com
    Record last updated at 2004-10-13 22:54:52
    Record created on 2002/12/10
    Record expired on 2005/12/10

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.bluearctic.net ns2.bluearctic.net

Administrator:
    nameblue arctic)
    Email) tel-- +1.3216248337
    blue arctic
    4438 Freedom Rd.

t Kissimmee
    Florida,
    US

zipcode:34746

Registrant:
    blue arctic LLC +1.3216248337
    blue arctic Inc.
    4438 Freedom Rd.
    Kissimmee,Florida,US 34746

Domain Name:bluearctic.net
    Record last updated at 2005-02-24 22:44:53
    Record created on 2003/9/9
    Record expired on 2006/9/9

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.bluearctic.net ns2.bluearctic.net

if you own the TM you might be able to get it via UDRP or offer the current owner some money and safe costs on lawyers raising a udrp
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

he didn't take bluearctic from me, it was ackoo.net.

Bashar, i have been looking into that, I have not officially registered the trade mark. However, it is common knowledge that I own that mark as it is publically displayed and is my business name.

Re: Buying a TLD from underneath you....!!

Originally posted by Ackoo
    Ok, first of all I want to say, "Please do not give me the, you should have speach". I already know. That having been said, just yesterday, someone registered the .net TLD for my domain.
    Well, it's not optimum, not having the .net of your .com, but the .net is inferior, and the .com will get spilliage up from the .net. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Whatever they do on their .net, will only create some spilliage up to your .com. Your .com is master and superior to the .net, so chin up!

Just be thankful that you didn't brand the .net, and then someone comes along and grabs the .com. You're brand is pretty much stuffed when that happens.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: Re: Buying a TLD from underneath you....!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Well, it's not optimum, not having the .net of your .com, but the .net is inferior, and the .com will get spilliage up from the .net. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Whatever they do on their .net, will only create some spilliage up to your .com. Your .com is master and superior to the .net, so chin up!

Just be thankful that you didn't brand the .net, and then someone comes along and grabs the .com. You're brand is pretty much stuffed when that happens.
    Well I hate to say it, but ALWAYS BUY YOUR TLDS. I remember when TLD cost $100 from internic, but now its >$10. Can't argue that $30 spen on major TLDs is money well worth it.

thanks grind, I know that, as I mentioned twice in my post. I was just holding off for some stupid reason. I also assumed that no one would want the other TLDs.

On the comment about spillage. I don't want that in any way. I do not want a .net tarnishing my mark. I will protect it if necessary by legal means. However, I am just not sure at the moment if there is really anything that I can do to obtain the domain.

hmmm...

Don't know if you'd want to try this, but you could lookup the whois info and see who it is registered to and then give them a call and see if they'd be willing to give it to you or sell it for small fee, say something like $100.

Again, don't know if that's something you want to try, but just a thought...
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Re: Re: Buying a TLD from underneath you....!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Oh, I don't know - rackshack.net didn't do too badly not owning the .com version

Alan.