Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blind Date/First Date Advice

Afternoon everyone!

I am going out for the first time with this woman I met through match.com. She looks very pretty in her pictures and has an awesome phone voice. To make a long story short, does anyone have some advice to help me make a good first impression with her?

We planned to meet at a local Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner and then we are going to a concert.

Any advice or tips is appreciated.

P.S. - I will post some pictures of her/us later tonight when I get home with a update on the outcome.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting
    http://www.datadork.com

Advice:

Be you.

If she likes that, and you like her being her, then my advice worked.

If she doesn't like it, she's the wrong one for you, and you'll be glad you found that out now
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

From a woman's POV:

Make sure you have fresh breath, neat hair, and your clothes are casual but not ratty (ie an old holey t-shirt and torn jeans); however, that can be adjusted depending on the atmosphere of where you are going.

When you meet her, make sure to make eye contact, smile, and as the_pm stated, BE YOU! No woman likes a guy who pretends to be something they're not.

Good luck and have fun!!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Re: Blind Date/First Date Advice

Originally posted by DataDork
    P.S. - I will post some pictures of her/us later tonight when I get home with a update on the outcome.

Personally, I would say leave the camera at home for the first date. If you do take photos she may consider it a little creepy that you are planning on posting them on a large public forum.

Your right! I was planning on taking the camera to the concert, they allow it at this venue, but maybe I will reconsider. I will have to draw some stick figures of us to post instead. lol
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting

I have a friend that this was a regular occurrence for years back. He'd always have me call him up about 30 minutes into the date just to have an "out" if he needed it.

Heres a peice of advice...

When in doubt... Whip it out

but to be for real.. Just be yourself.. theres nothing more than can impress her then you. Just act normal

Be confident!
    Um don't talk much about computers or brag about yourself.

Whenever she says something that's stupid or not interesting, always act like you're paying attention, even if you're not. Don't expect to get any on the first night either, but if you do, good job.

Also make sure you have plans to get out of there quickly when she turns out to be a 500lb woman.

One thing that REALLY bothers me about some guys is that they think the way to impress a woman is to brag about themselves. You'd be surprised how many guys fall into this category.

HUGE TIP FOR GUYS: Ask questions and genuinely be interested in HER.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by SethEffectz

hahahahaha

Originally posted by SethEffectz

hmm may not be such a good idea. Especially in the middle of a concert, some people don't appreciate public nudity.

I recommend not to casually Whip it out but to do a less offensive 'Drop trou'. This will cause the required shock (and/or awe) but reveal less on a first date.

One final thought, try not to get arrested - that never goes down well.

Good Luck
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting
    UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage

act disinterested... women love the thrill of the chase..

and whatever you do, dont call her tomorrow! if you do, you played yourself!

end the date early, thatll put her in her place... and make her want you even more!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

btw is that YOU on the front page of your site??

if so...

well, never mind.

we didnt hear back from you after your date. should we assume you didnt take my advice

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    btw is that YOU on the front page of your site??

if so...

well, never mind.

we didnt hear back from you after your date. should we assume you didnt take my advice
    Maybe she slept over which is always a good thing

Originally posted by Bully
    Lets hope so...
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

you guys!!!

youre so indecent!

Originally posted by Bully
    /me waits on the reply from him -- with a story
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

You guys want to bet? I am betting they got sloshed and he probably has a awful hangover right about now.

ill bet he chickened out....

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    ill bet he chickened out....
    Originally posted by Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Brave Sir Robin ran away.
    Bravely ran away away.

When danger reared it's ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out.

Bravely taking to his feet,
    He beat a very brave retreat.
    Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

You guys make me laugh. I just woke up since I did not get home until after 2:00 am.

Here is a short recap of the evening.

We met each other about 4:30 pm for dinner, as planned, at the Cheesecake factory. When I first saw her I kinda laughed as she was wearing a shirt that said "Yeah these are 100% silicon free", as she has rather large, how do I say it, baby feeding devices.

After dinner we walked through the mall for a few minutes and she grabed my hand to hold as we window shopped. I take this as a good thing right?

We made it to the concert, which we had a awesome time. The seats were great, people around us were fun, and we spend most of that time dancing, holding hands etc.

When the concert was over, the traffic jam leaving was horrible. She suggested that we should just hang out for a bit until it clears out a bit <evil grin>. So I just played it real cool and got to know her. She disclosed alot of stuff about herself including that she has a gag reflex problem, which could be a problem if we started dating huh.

Long story short, we made out for a few minutes in my car and after I walked her to her car and told her that I had a fun time, which I really did. I asked if I could call her sometime, and she said yes.

On my way home I called her cell phone to make sure she got home safe, stopped by a 24 taco bell and called it a night.

I think it went great for a first date. I noticed that when I got up I have a missed call from her this morning. The question is do I call her back, or wait a day like you guys recommended?

Thanks for all of the advice, this thread was informative and funny as hell.

Take care...
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting

If you don't call her back, she will think you dont care about her and that you are with someone else.

Sounds like you had a real nice time

The question is do you call her right now or not. Well, do you want to call her? Don't buy into those silly games about how long you're supposed to wait, or how much anticipation you're supposed to build, or what will she think of you if you call too soon or not soon enough.

Forget all of that crap. If you want to talk to her, then call her and talk to her! It goes back to just being you. Is it like you to return people's calls as soon as you get them, or are you normally relaxed about this and generally wait a bit? However you do things, just do it like that. The waiting game is just that, a game. Why start with games right from the very first date?

Yes call her back.
    And from your description it seems everything went good, especially for a first date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast