webhosting with additional software compile option

Hello,

I would like to use additional third party software written in C on apache webserver. I want to call this software form my perl scripts. The system is well tested and run on many servers worldwide, there should be no problems. The software is distributed in source code and it ONLY needs to be compiled (no need to change apache, php etc. configuration), the author provides also automatic install sh script.

Is there any shared hosting, where they would install this for me? Can I simply copy through FTP the source code and compile it somehow - I guess no. But what shall I do? I do not need dedicated server with extra options, this would be my only request. I am prepared to pay one-time install fee, if required. I have no experience with linux/unix, how to install software on it. Could you recommend me quality shared hosting company which could install this?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Regards,
    Elliot

I think BliksemHosting.com has what you need. They charge an one-time fee of $21 to install 3rd party scripts and then you are good to go. Talk to the sales department to confirm these informations.

Others might do the same without a problem, I just don't know how much they'd charge for it.
    ACcomunica

What software is it about ?

I have just found that maybe it would be enough to use SSL Shell/Telnet access which is cPanel module? Do I understand it right, that than I can use linux commands from putty or similar clients?

jailed SSH has some restrictions. It depends on what commands you will have available. You better talk to the company sales department before signing up.
    ACcomunica