Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Police shown on tape handcuffing misbehaving 5-year-old

http://www.tampabaylive.com/stories/...rlarrest.shtml

There is a video with this also.

Thoughts....
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

The tape cuts to Dibenedetto's office, which has been trashed, apparently by Ja'eisha. She is seen ripping papers off the wall and refusing Dibenedetto's requests to stay in a chair.

Ja'eisha even becomes violent at that point, taking countless swings at Dibenedetto, who only puts her hands up to block the girl's punches. The only other time the assistant principal touches the girl is when she lifts Ja'eisha off a table she had twice climbed upon.
    Pretty obvious she had it coming. I call the swings assault, and I'd have her removed from that school. I'd like to say that maybe her parents will take this as a message that she needs discipline, but unfortunately, they'll probably jump up to defend her, leading to yet another out-of-control kid.

Originally posted by jeff_2anet
    Pretty obvious she had it coming. I call the swings assault, and I'd have her removed from that school. I'd like to say that maybe her parents will take this as a message that she needs discipline, but unfortunately, they'll probably jump up to defend her, leading to yet another out-of-control kid.
    5 year old!

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Serves that 5-year-old right. They should have maced her and smacked her with their batons. Yeah, right...

(In case some of you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.)

I think they did what was necessary both to contain the situation and also to send a message directly to this girl, that such rudeness, disrespect, and sheer violence is not permitted. She probably won't do anything of the sort ever again, or at least in school.

What they did was police procedure.
    It's not optional and it has nothing to do with race. Period.

My question is where the hell have this girl's parent(s) been? Why is this 5 year old throwing a nuclear temper tantrum and thinking it's okay to do the things she did? My 2 year old acts more well behaved than that.

Good God...had I even started throwing a fit like that - in school, no less - I'd have had a very sore bottom for a couple of days. Lord knows I would never have tried it again.

I hope this girl gets the proper help/attention she desperately seems to need.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Re: Re: Re: Racist Cops - Hate Crime!

Originally posted by azizny
    Sorry to give you the facts... but if it was a white girl she wouldn't been treated that way....
    Sure she would have, it just wouldn't make the news, and there wouldn't be a lawsuit.

If it happened to my daughter, and I saw a video of my daughter HITTING a VICE PRINCIPAL, I'd support the police 100%. They didn't beat her, they didn't pepper spray her, they restrained her to keep her from HITTING an ADULT.

azizny, did you bother to read the article at all?
    Do you have a clue what the procedure for taking someone into custody in Florida is?

Did you take into account that the school called the police for a reason, they didn't just happen to be there.

Did you happen to read that the police were already familiar with this girl and her parents were warned?

Obviously not.

It's people like you who make the race defense a joke.

There are legitimate cases out there of racial prejudice but when people make stupid comments and sleazy lawyers get involved it waters down any possibility of a true racial discrimination suit being successful.

However with this current breaking news becoming public, I am firmly compelled to speak out on the total disgust I have for the actions taken this past March. It has been made publicly known this afternoon (04/22/05), that last March in St. Petersburg, Florida USA. A simple five (5) year old girl, who knew no better then any other 5yr old boy or girl; had a “temper tantrum” (fit) in school. Much like any other child having a “temper tantrum”, she refused to listen, yelled a little back, and may have even tried to throw a small punch or two. If you have young children or maybe you know someone who does. Chances are you have seen a young boy or girl, throw a small fit (temper tantrum). Odds are you; yourself may have had a few when you where nothing more then a little child.

While it should have ended with nothing more then maybe a “time out” or dinner without “ice cream” or going to bed early and having a long talk, once her mother or father picked her up. It sadly did not end as normal “temper tantrums” do. This one ended with local Police Officers handcuffing a five (5) years old girl's arms and legs, then placing her in the back seat of a police car.

I am fully outraged of the actions taken by The St. Petersburg Police Department and The Local St. Petersburg School Officials. No young child should ever have such drastic actions taken upon them, for nothing as simple as a young child having a “temper tantrum” (fit). We are not talking about a young man or women in Junior High School, High School, or College. We are talking about a scared five (5) years old little girl, who although may not have been right with her actions. Could not possibly understand the idea of being tided down by three grown men and women and then thrown into the back of a police car.

I feel action should be taken swiftly and firmly on this matter and both The St. Petersburg Florida Police and The St. Petersburg School Department, along with all parties involved should immediately reply with a censer apology to this young girl and her family. I also feel legal action should be taken into the highest account. If this is the society we have become, where a young child as young as fire (5) years of age, can be handcuff for simply acting out. Then I see no real worth while future for this Society.

Every day we firmly and loudly state to the whole world. To every other nation and to the people of this world, the important's of human rights, the well being and best interest for our future generations to come, our children. And yet here we have gone about and placed a young innocent girl and tied down her arms and legs, then placed her into the back of police car, as if she had committed a crime.

I am totally disgusted.

edit: Listed Tampa, when it should have been St. Petersburg
    Last edited by Atlantis Services; 04-23-2005 at 12:06 AM.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

Oh give me a break they should kick that girl out of school for the way she is acting. So what if she is 5 years old that does not give any excuse for her actions. I have newfews who actmore mature then this little girl. The parents should as well pay for all damages that girl did, and should have classes on how to raise a child.

The police did what they had to do, and you are saying that they should not do their job? What are they suppose to do then? Give me a break . Also the principal should get a medal or reward stating how the principal handled this problem. Anyone who thinks it is ok what the girl did should not have kids.
    Last edited by Torith; 04-23-2005 at 12:11 AM.

Originally posted by Torith
    Oh give me a break they should kick that girl out of school for the way she is acting. So what if she is 5 years old that does not give any excuse for her actions. I have newfews who actmore mature then this little girl. The parents should as well pay for all damages that girl did, and should have classes on how to raise a child.

The police did what they had to do, and you are saying that they should not do their job? What are they suppose to do then? Give me a break .
    I am saying at five (5) years old. No boy or girl truly knows the account of his or her actions. I am saying that this could have been done better and they should have simply kept her in a chair and called her mother and father to pick her up or they could have waited for them, while leaving her in the class room here she seem to be ok in. I am saying that it is wrong and in some form, should count as abuse to tie down a young child like they where a criminal.

I am saying that if people do not see this as a problem. Then there is a true confirmed problem with our current Society.

What she did was a crime she tried to hit another person over again. She was throwing stuff, and ruining stuff. She has no respect for people or property. She was not listening to no one. She was acting up to where she had to be hold down.

If a adult did what she did they would most likley have a huge fine or jail depending on a few factors.

Originally posted by Atlantis Services
    I am saying at five (5) years old. No boy or girl truly knows the account of his or her actions. I am saying that this could have been done better and they should have simply kept her in a chair and called her mother and father to pick her up or they could have waited for them, while leaving her in the class room here she seem to be ok in. I am saying that it is wrong and in some form, should count as abuse to tie down a young child like they where a criminal.

I am saying that if people do not see this as a problem. Then there is a true confirmed problem with our current Society.

Look at the source of the problem rather than trying to place blame on others.

Originally posted by Martinez
    Look at the source of the problem rather than trying to place blame on others.
    If you know the source of Society, please share.

This girl could have A.D.D. or H.D.D. and no one may have known. So the family could be very caring and supporting, but this was bound to happen. Even if she did yell and punch, I doubt a five year old girls punch is really going to hurt anyone. It's not like she was armed.

I'm more then willing to bet that with a little more efford or even ignore her, she would have calm down. I'm willing to bet they could have stop her from tossing things or placed her in a room by herself.

The point being... This was out of line.

We do not know if she has A.D.D or H.D.D or if she is just acting up like a spoiled brat. Just because she is 5 does not mean she can not hit hard. I mean yeah she can not do as much damage compared to an adult, but that does not make it al right. Does not matter if she did have A.D.D or H.D.D you just do not go around throwing stuff around and trying to hit people.

As well they tried to calm her down, and tried many other things, but she did not. How many more times do you try before she hurts someone or hurt her self?

If you know the source of Society, please share.

This girl could have A.D.D. or H.D.D. and no one may have known. So the family could be very caring and supporting, but this was bound to happen. Even if she did yell and punch, I doubt a five year old girls punch is really going to hurt anyone. It's not like she was armed.

I'm more then willing to bet that with a little more efford or even ignore her, she would have calm down. I'm willing to bet they could have stop her from tossing things or placed her in a room by herself.

The point being... This was out of line.

Well I can agree that the police did the right thing, but I'm not truly sure if the effect of having police handcuff her is a good thing. I think her parents should discipline her more and have her sent to a discipline school. If she has medical problems then she should go to a place that would help her instead of a school that can't help her.

I'll have to disagree about a 5 year old girl hitting someone would not hurt anyone. My sister hits me sometimes and she is around that age. It hurts and it's dangerous.

Atlantis Services perhaps you could at least read the article too.

If her "parents" were so concerned they would have done something on previous occasions.

Based on what? Any experience dealing with matters of this nature?

I am not a teacher or a parent so I would not know any special way to handle a 5 year old child who is going off on a tantrum.

Apparently she had escalated her behavior to violence and quite possibly would hurt herself in the process. Note one of the adults in the principal room consistantly moved her off the table and back onto the ground.

If the teacher and administrator was to restrain her, they probably would be hit with some kind of lawsuit on child abuse.

If they were to ignore her or leave her alone, they might be sued for negligence.

They did the only thing they could think of that was civil and safe. They called the police to help calm down a child. Cuffs did not hurt the girl but it effectively calmed her down eventually.

Why are her parents not present during her tantrum? I am pretty sure they would be called first after she was moved to the principal room.

If she has ADD or any other disorder to justify her behavior, they would still need to find a way to calm her down.
    remy

My kids knew by the age of 5, if they hit me, I hit back. I taught them early on, if you think you are big enough to dish out, you better hope you are big enough to take it. If you simply let them get away with it, then that's what they learn, that they can get away with it.

As for time outs, no ice cream, etc, etc. How do you make a kid time out when they are throwing a tantrum and know there is nothing you can do about it? My kids tried tantrums once or twice, sit there and scream, etc, etc. Be surprised how fast a smack on the forehead gets them quiet. I'm sorry, but I think in old school ways. I grew up knowing if I hurt someone else, I would probably get hurt back.... and it worked.

As for ADD, thats a blanket diagnosis. Nobody is even sure it's real. You see, evidently it's an emotional order in the brain. How much do we know about the brain? Very little, any scientist will tell you that. ADD is a "theory" with no "proof" behind it. If that theory had existed when I was a kid, me and many of my friends would have been diagnosed with it....but guess what, it didnt. You know what kept us under control?

DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE!

You know what didnt work on me? Abuse, and I mean real abuse. My mother once bruised my ribs from kicking me there. I've also been thrown thru a glass door. That stuff didnt work. Spanking worked in the beginning, till I got used to them (thats why a paddle should be last resort , if used as first reort, kid gets used to it and it doesnt hurt anymore).

Yeah I know, I can see the same old responses as before.... "Let's teach our kids thru fear" "beat your kids and make them fear you", etc, etc. blah blah blah. Do it right, they dont fear you. They simply learn there are consequences to their actions... I could make anyone a bet this little girl will grow up and be far more abusive if you follow a shrink's advice. However, if someone gives her a few little hits back, just hard enough to get the point across, she will realize she isnt invincible... if she gets hit back, it hurts. So, if hurting others can get her hurt right back, she wont do it.

And that is how lessons are learned. Not thru pills.

Originally posted by azizny
    5 year old!

Peace,
    I'm sorry, but how many 5 year olds go into fits like this? How many of those that do, do it in school against an authoritive figure instead of at home with their parents? I think the police have the right to handcuff anyone out of control like that, no matter the age. The thing you have to keep in mind is they arent doing harm to the 5 year old, they are keeping her from hurting herself and others.

Originally posted by Webdude
    My kids knew by the age of 5, if they hit me, I hit back. I taught them early on, if you think you are big enough to dish out, you better hope you are big enough to take it. If you simply let them get away with it, then that's what they learn, that they can get away with it.

As for time outs, no ice cream, etc, etc. How do you make a kid time out when they are throwing a tantrum and know there is nothing you can do about it? My kids tried tantrums once or twice, sit there and scream, etc, etc. Be surprised how fast a smack on the forehead gets them quiet. I'm sorry, but I think in old school ways. I grew up knowing if I hurt someone else, I would probably get hurt back.... and it worked.

As for ADD, thats a blanket diagnosis. Nobody is even sure it's real. You see, evidently it's an emotional order in the brain. How much do we know about the brain? Very little, any scientist will tell you that. ADD is a "theory" with no "proof" behind it. If that theory had existed when I was a kid, me and many of my friends would have been diagnosed with it....but guess what, it didnt. You know what kept us under control?

DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE!

You know what didnt work on me? Abuse, and I mean real abuse. My mother once bruised my ribs from kicking me there. I've also been thrown thru a glass door. That stuff didnt work. Spanking worked in the beginning, till I got used to them (thats why a paddle should be last resort , if used as first reort, kid gets used to it and it doesnt hurt anymore).

Yeah I know, I can see the same old responses as before.... "Let's teach our kids thru fear" "beat your kids and make them fear you", etc, etc. blah blah blah. Do it right, they dont fear you. They simply learn there are consequences to their actions... I could make anyone a bet this little girl will grow up and be far more abusive if you follow a shrink's advice. However, if someone gives her a few little hits back, just hard enough to get the point across, she will realize she isnt invincible... if she gets hit back, it hurts. So, if hurting others can get her hurt right back, she wont do it.

And that is how lessons are learned. Not thru pills.
    wow. my thoughts exactly

The police did what they had to do.

Yeah they did wee kids can hurt - alot. My brother is always jumping on me lol.

Police were right. Handled it properly.

Originally posted by blue27
    Atlantis Services perhaps you could at least read the article too.

If her "parents" were so concerned they would have done something on previous occasions.
    I know what you're trying to say but this is not the way to handle a 5 year old. What I would've done is call her parents to pick up their girl and tell them to look for an other school.

No need for the cops to be involved, how much harm can she do ? Lock her up in a room and let her kick as much as she wants.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by J-P
    I know what you're trying to say but this is not the way to handle a 5 year old. What I would've done is call her parents to pick up their girl and tell them to look for an other school.

No need for the cops to be involved, how much harm can she do ? Lock her up in a room and let her kick as much as she wants.
    It's funny you say that, because in this day and age, no matter WHAT the school does to calm the child down, SOMEONE will complain. Lock her up in a room and let her kick as much as she wants? You can't do that. Leave her unattended in a room where she can potentially hurt herself?

You guys fail to realize that handcuffs doesn't mean being Arrested. They are a tool that is widely used to retrain someone. Do you prefer the police officers to have a special kind of handcuffs just for kids? Mabye pink and blue with mickey mouse on it?

The police were called. The Child was out of control. Her parents were not there. They could not just ignore it. They had to do something and they followed procedure.

Police are not just here to enforace the law. They are called to help bring order. If the school had handcuffed her, then it would have been a different story. But the police did, they have that right to detain someone. And they did -- and it all worked out.

I think that the girl was very annoyin, GOOD for the police

A 5 year old child should not be put into handcuffs for any reason. If a grown adult is unable to contain a child or control a child ...and have the need as well as the audacity to call the police on a 5-year old child then something is wrong with the adult. The adult could have simply locked her into that room or another room/closet if the child is out of control. No way, am I condoning the behavior of the little girl, but she is a child (5 years old mind you)...acting out is something kids do...5 years old is not an age that is justifiably wise, intelligent, etc. That is sometimes how 5 year olds react to get attention. The adult I'm sure has taken childhood education and she knows that all kids is not controllable, she should have already had a technique or way to handle such cases without resulting to contacting the police on a 5-year old child. Who does that? Who calls the police on an 5-year old? And what police put 5-year olds in handcuffs?

This entire case is wrong. They handled the entire thing wrong...there are many more alternatives than putting a 5-year old in handcuffs...

Criminals are put into handcuffs and restrained not 5-year old kids who have temper tantrums and act out. Why make a child into a criminal, because they are uncontrollable? There are many cases of kids being out of control...throughout the world, but they are not restrained by police officers (more than one at that). That little girl probably now have nightmares about the entire ordeal...even though it was the little girl fault because she acted out, but again she is only 5-years old...she does not know any better....that is what kids do sometimes just to get attention. I have a daughter who is only 1...but I have also babysitted kids who were 5-years old and different ages...they act out if they know they can do it. If you raise your voice and tell them that you are serious and be stern then more than likely the child would calm themselves. Instead this lady was soft-spoken and tried to rationalize with the child instead of taking control! She should be fired because she obviously do not know how to handle kids....imagine if it was a classroom full of kids acting out!

Originally posted by AntOnaf
    A 5 year old child should not be put into handcuffs for any reason. If a grown adult is unable to contain a child or control a child ...and have the need as well as the audacity to call the police on a 5-year old child then something is wrong with the adult. The adult could have simply locked her into that room or another room/closet if the child is out of control. No way, am I condoning the behavior of the little girl, but she is a child (5 years old mind you)...acting out is something kids do...5 years old is not an age that is justifiably wise, intelligent, etc. That is sometimes how 5 year olds react to get attention. The adult I'm sure has taken childhood education and she knows that all kids is not controllable, she should have already had a technique or way to handle such cases without resulting to contacting the police on a 5-year old child. Who does that? Who calls the police on an 5-year old? And what police put 5-year olds in handcuffs?

This entire case is wrong. They handled the entire thing wrong...there are many more alternatives than putting a 5-year old in handcuffs...

Criminals are put into handcuffs and restrained not 5-year old kids who have temper tantrums and act out. Why make a child into a criminal, because they are uncontrollable? There are many cases of kids being out of control...throughout the world, but they are not restrained by police officers (more than one at that). That little girl probably now have nightmares about the entire ordeal...even though it was the little girl fault because she acted out, but again she is only 5-years old...she does not know any better....that is what kids do sometimes just to get attention. I have a daughter who is only 1...but I have also babysitted kids who were 5-years old and different ages...they act out if they know they can do it. If you raise your voice and tell them that you are serious and be stern then more than likely the child would calm themselves. Instead this lady was soft-spoken and tried to rationalize with the child instead of taking control! She should be fired because she obviously do not know how to handle kids....imagine if it was a classroom full of kids acting out!
    Do you teach? Have you seen how crazy parents get when a teacher tries to displine a student?

My mom's a teacher. Every teacher at her school refuses to write a referral up on a student. You know why? Because if they write one up, it looks like they have no control over their class and if they write one up, you can be sure as hell that the parents will be there the next day bitching and moaning and defending their child, despite what the child did to merit that referral.

Schools are limited to what they can do. So, they call the police. That is the only answer to control students now-a-days. If the parents are upset, they can now take it up w/ the Police Department who will handle it.

It has come down to letting the police handle matters because Parents refuse to , yet bitch when teachers try.

Originally posted by Rob83
    Do you teach? Have you seen how crazy parents get when a teacher tries to displine a student?

My mom's a teacher. Every teacher at her school refuses to write a referral up on a student. You know why? Because if they write one up, it looks like they have no control over their class and if they write one up, you can be sure as hell that the parents will be there the next day bitching and moaning and defending their child, despite what the child did to merit that referral.

Schools are limited to what they can do. So, they call the police. That is the only answer to control students now-a-days. If the parents are upset, they can now take it up w/ the Police Department who will handle it.

It has come down to letting the police handle matters because Parents refuse to , yet bitch when teachers try.

I understand your point and I know teachers do not have alot of rights in disciplining a child, but the entire act out scene is on tape and the adult did not do anything harmful to the child. I'm certain the courts would have been on the school side if they had locked the little girl in the room or if the teacher had raised her voice. If calling the police is what we must result to then something needs to change...because school does not equal prison. Locking the child in the room until the girl parents came would not have been cruel. The adult needed to get out of harms way...I'm sure if she was in the room by herself, she would have probably acted out for about 5 minutes and then calmed herself down or cried herself to sleep! That is kids. Not to say dogs are kids but it is the same result...if you raise your voice with some sense of power and control then the dog will calm down and tuck his tail....same with a child...raise your voice and take control! The child will get scared and begin to cry, and calm themselves down. Its completely ridiculous to have police handcuff a child. The adult probably felt she handled it right to call the police...which is fine....but as you noticed when the girl seen the police she was frightened and sitting in the chair...quietly and calmly. The police had no reason to put her in handcuffs like a criminal. The could have simply stayed in the office until the parents arrived....which normal police would do. It was the wrong approach and never should have escalated to this level. Now the school is really in for a legal battle...and I find it ironic that they didn't want to discipline the child because they wanted to avoid any legal battles...now look at them...not so smart on the school part!

Every teacher at her school refuses to write a referral up on a student. You know why? Because if they write one up, it looks like they have no control over their class and if they write one up, you can be sure as hell that the parents will be there the next day bitching and moaning and defending their child, despite what the child did to merit that referral.
    Sounds like my school, except in my school they resort to just hitting the crap out of you (of course not to hurt you, but as means to tell you they mean business)
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    Sounds like my school, except in my school they resort to just hitting the crap out of you (of course not to hurt you, but as means to tell you they mean business)
    One time it was about 5 minutes before school got out and the kids in a class were all lined up at the door. The teacher as next to the door and 1 girl said "i need to go the bathroom", but the teacher said no. Most kids use that excuse so they can get out early. So the student proceeded to go out the door and the teacher put his arm across the doorway to stop her, well she walked into it and fell backwards.

The school suspended the teacher for the rest of the school year.

One time it was about 5 minutes before school got out and the kids in a class were all lined up at the door. The teacher as next to the door and 1 girl said "i need to go the bathroom", but the teacher said no. Most kids use that excuse so they can get out early. So the student proceeded to go out the door and the teacher put his arm across the doorway to stop her, well she walked into it and fell backwards.

Oh yeah, I see stuff like that all the time. The one difference between my school and that school, is that mine is all boys. We're a little more rough, and when I said hit the crap out of a kid I ment, HIT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. Teachers can do that as long as they don't take it too far, heck, I saw the head of our high school start punching a kid -- that was entertaining. If the kid laughs when getting hit, it welcomes another hit -- if they don't respond, it's the teacher's hint to back off. That's basically how it happens around my school.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

It is sad that teachers do not have any power at all to control students. It is not right that the teachers have to go through hell because of some bitching parents. They also can not just put the girl in a room by her self or some say "closet". If they did they would of been even in more trouble. As well since the family is going after the police and school I would make the parents pay all the damage that the girl has done. As well make sure she never went to that school again, and pay for emotional damages that the child has brought apon her, the school, and the police.

It is a sad sad world when you can let a kid get away with so much these days. In the old days (which I was not part of) if kids got out of hand you can sure know they will get the ruler out on the kid. Some parents are just stupid.

Originally posted by J-P

In a perfect world this would be great J-P.
    Let's talk about reality for a minute.
    Some parents don't give a s**t.

Some parents would like nothing more than to have their kid go berserk in school in the hopes that the teacher would restrain or hit him/her so the parent could sue the school board.

This kid had been in trouble before. The police asked the girl if she remembered them telling her mother that she would be put in handcuffs if she got out of control again.

Yes, it's a shame that a kid has to be treated this way but that doesn't change that fact that regardless of age some kids do have to be treated this way. They get no direction at home by their low life parent(s) and the schools can't touch them for fear of law suits.

When people start pulling their heads out of their as**s and start letting the schools discipline again and start holding parents accountable for their childrens' actions then this kind of thing will stop happening.

I am saying at five (5) years old. No boy or girl truly knows the account of his or her actions.

I have not bothered to read much of this thread so this might have already been mentioned but I just want to clear up what Atlantis Services said. Once you are older than four, you can be charged with murder. I think the law makers were quite sure people after four knew what they were doing.

Originally posted by Lev
    I have not bothered to read much of this thread so this might have already been mentioned but I just want to clear up what Atlantis Services said. Once you are older than four, you can be charged with murder. I think the law makers were quite sure people after four knew what they were doing.
    That's a good point, and I never even knew that

Why was she acting like that?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

WOW!!! It was interesting/tiring reading through all those long posts...

My thoughts : The kid did not deserved to be handcuffed, but then again we do not know the whole story, as there might have been a long history of the kid's violent that was not caught on tape... right?

It's not the first time (according to the article), warnings were given to her parents (that is where you go when dealing with kids) but nothing seems to have been done on their part.

It's really the matter of how kids are brought up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast