Thread: Bad day?

Bad day?

If you are having a bad day because of what ever (work, wife, husband, life, ect) what do you do to calm your self down? Right now I am having a hard time holding down .

Wish I could tell you. I put a dent and a small hole in my wall today.

Go outside and do lots and lots of exercise. Go running. Sprint!

You'll be so tired you'll no longer care about whatever is worrying you.

Put myself a physical distance away from the problem. If it's a person in my house I go to another house, for example.

If it's something that I can't get out of my mind, I either go out and exercise, do a similar distraction that requires 100% of my attention, or talk the matter over with somebody else.

Although it's the hardest thing to do when you're having a lousy day, laughter is without a doubt the best medicine. If you can make yourself laugh you'll start feeling better right away
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Well, some people will say the method I use is good and some will say it's complete crap.

It's called 'meditation'.

Here's basically what I do:

turn on lower-speed techno/trance (chillout station by DI.FM is good)
    close my eyes
    rest my head in my hands for about 20 minutes
    at the end of that, if I didn't fall asleep, I'm usually feeling much better.

This is at least what I use .. there's another method I do sometimes but I can't recall all of the steps, I'll post later if I remember
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

ooooooooooohhhhhhh yes, im having a bad too. Someone put a huge dent in the side of my BMW today.
    Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is...
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Nobody here is having a worse day, month or year than I am.

I have been crying nonstop for 3 hours now. Don't ask :(

I have a few cold buds, that calms me down. Could do with a few now....

Sorry to hear that Juilet.

If the "bad" only lasted one day it would be fine. This month has been particularly bad. My wife was in the hospital for 4 weeks and the week she gets out a guy slams into the back of her PARKED car at a 711 nearly pushing it into the store. This happens two weeks to the day her brother was hit from behind at a stop sign while using her car. The sad part is that it's been hit 5 times from behind now and all while it was wasn't moving.
    It's a 2000 Accord in case you are wondering.

God sake.. Now THAT is a bad month!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I have been wondering the same thing myself. Often, I cannot explain why I am feeling a bit worse than normal or generally "off", but I believe it can often be attributed to a simple chemical/hormonal imbalance/abnormality that you have that day, because sometimes (not often, but maybe 2 days out of the 365 days in a year) there is absolutely nothing I can do to make myself feel better. You just have to go to sleep and hope to wake up refreshed the next day.

However, if I am feeling depressed or bad for a reason -- such as I am today about my dog -- I usually try to reason with myself or just let myself experience these emotions. After all, everyone experiences them, and I think a lot of the things that people worry about they are worrying about simply because they are worried that they are abnormal or somehow "different" and maybe even inferior to others. When you simply accept how you feel, you actually start to feel a whole lot better; in addition, RefreshNet's meditation method consistently effects a state of general relaxation and contentness with things, and I think it's great a lot of times.

It really will depend on your personality, the "bad" thing that provoked these feelings in the first place, and your general outlook on things.

Originally posted by Pheaton
    ooooooooooohhhhhhh yes, im having a bad too. Someone put a huge dent in the side of my BMW today.
    They have sinned!

Music

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

today was a pretty bad day for me aswell, i just relaxed with a mp3 player and a pair of headphones and went out for a jog
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by blockcipher
    They have sinned!
    Yes, they did. But it felt good to kick in the whole side of their door. j/k
    Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is...
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

i woke up and it was raining.

so, my plans to go out taking landscape photos were cancelled.

hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.

I turn on the music and dance dance dance and dance or i pray to God

you guys just have to remember , everday is not a good day
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I can tell you someone who had an EXTREMLY bad day today. There's this little old lady I am friends with. She makes quilts and sells them, and thats how she makes her money. She doesnt have much retirement, so took this up to help.

Well, she banks at Compass Bank, and after seeing what they did to her, I will never use them as my bank. Greedy bastard Corporations.

I dont know how much she had in before all this. I just know what it looks like to me. She had an insurance payment come out. From what I could see on her online banking, she had enough to cover it. The bank says she didnt. So I have to wonder why it showed $3 in there AFTER the insurance payment, and even AFTER a $35 NSF charge??? That was what was showing this morning. Yesterday before 2PM she deposited another $150. You deposit before 2 and it's supposed to be in and usable the the next am after 12AM.... it wasnt. The bank changed it's policy on her. Now, even though nobody has ever written a bad check to her (this is total policy bank wide), now she has to wait till other bank checks fully clear.

So she has a few other charges coming in, sodas or whatever, and they tell her she has 5 more $35 NSF charges coming thru. If she could deposit another $95 she would be clear. She didnt have it.

What's worse is now they have an additionl $6 per day charge for each day you are in the red.....but you cant close or freeze the account until you get it back to $0. So if you dont have the money, you have NO choice but to keep getting charged $6 per day.

When she called me, she was broken and all in tears, and having an anxiety attack. This old lady wouldnt harm a fly, has never done anything bad to anyone, and is as sweet as can be. This is the first time she has ever gone in the red. The bank claims they arent wrong and wont do anything, they simply decided thru "policy" to rip her in and out I guess.

So I snuck out one of her deposit slips, and went to the bank, and deposited $200 cash into her account. Trying to deal with the bank (local branch manager and toll free support) they were as cold as could be. Well, the manager was compassionate, but there was nothing he could do. So I told her I know of no other bank that just coldly does this to people, and suggested she switch to a smaller bank, such as woodforest bank, and that is what she is doing.

She doesnt know about the deposit, and I dont think I will tell her. I guess I dont want her feeling she owes me anything. She didnt ask me for money, she never has, she simply asked for help dealing with the bank because she didnt understand.

Folks, dont ever bank at Compass Bank. With their new policies, they are as bad as Chase Bank ever was. They ripped this woman for $185 for supposedly going over by $1.23. She would have been $90 something in the red, plus $6 per day after, and that was all the money she had left for the month... by the time she would recieve another check, she would have to pay about another $180 on top of what they already took. That's another 15 days.
    Last edited by Webdude; 04-23-2005 at 02:45 AM.

It depends on what it is. If I'm angry, I talk to my girlfriend/friends about it and just do some venting.

If I'm kind of bummed out, I eat and take a nap.

Which works for me.

When I am feeling pissed/mad over something/someone, I will usually isolate myself... do some deep-thinking/sleep.

Cant really bring myself to talk to friends/family...

two things help.

1.) my warhammer and hitwall. (3.5 lb rubber mallet on a 2ft handle and a 4x8 sheet of drywall mounted on a wall frame I made for a carpentry class) I'll just unload on that.

2.) tai chi. It just calms you right down. It's like magic. As soon as I start whatever problem I had seems to become insignificant and not worth becoming angry over.