Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

teamnet.net Datacenter

Hello

Any experience on Teamnet.net datacenter? looks good but i wold like some reviews of hosts that use it.

Thanks.
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

I had looked into it, but the 11ms delay, with the fact they just run lines from Chicago to Iowa, was the reason we chose not to go with them. A lot of our customers run gameservers, so that would be a major issue.

If you aren't looking to do anything that is so dependant on low latency then they seem to be worth a shot. As I said, the only reason we chose not to go with them was because of the added latency.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

I believe teamnet=fastservers, or if not they've got a pretty good deal with 'em here. Either that or there are two dc's here in Cedar Falls (not too likely there, as CF is pretty much a dead little town).

As far as the network:
    I've got one in the IA Facility, and if my hunch is correct (10:1 it is), then it's the best thing out there. The server's been great, support's been great. Haven't seen the new DC yet, but I'll eventually get out there and take some pictures (of the outside at least)

If Teamnet IS fastservers (most likely), then you can't do much better than to go with them. Yeah, their prices are going to be a bit (a bit) higher than the ordinary, but the service will definitely make that a very pleasant experience.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Originally posted by linux-tech
    I believe teamnet=fastservers, or if not they've got a pretty good deal with 'em here. Either that or there are two dc's here in Cedar Falls (not too likely there, as CF is pretty much a dead little town).

As far as the network:
    I've got one in the IA Facility, and if my hunch is correct (10:1 it is), then it's the best thing out there. The server's been great, support's been great. Haven't seen the new DC yet, but I'll eventually get out there and take some pictures (of the outside at least)

If Teamnet IS fastservers (most likely), then you can't do much better than to go with them. Yeah, their prices are going to be a bit (a bit) higher than the ordinary, but the service will definitely make that a very pleasant experience.
    From my understanding, fastservers and ubiquityhosting both have large amounts of colocation in the teamnet facility. Very high quality bandwidth, though as was mentioned above latency can be an issue (for game servers in particular).
    Brad Liang
    please check out LifeType

It's possible, though I was on the understanding that FS was "building" the dc, who knows I know it's in the same complex FS has been in for a few years, could just be a coincidence
    Either way, the DC itself rocks, I haven't noticed a lot of latency myself, although, admittedly, I'm within 10 or so miles of it, so I probably wouldn't

Team does not belong to FastServers, and yes we're in the same facility. FastServers is sprauled over I believe 3 different quality colo's, but right now I believe most if not all are going in Iowa. From a face-to-face meeting with the TeamNET staff I gathered that there are basically 3 hosting companies putting servers on the data center currently. Those companies being Ubiquity, FastServers, and PowerSurge (a company that i believe owned FastServers at one point). There's supposed to be 6, I believe, but I haven't seen evidence of really any activity there from the other 3 there; possibly they're just shared hosting.

Team Technologies was around long before the data center doing software development, from which I believe they had a pretty nice pile of cash to get this project rolling. It is a beautiful facility, and while the average 11ms of that 54 mile trip doesn't seem to go over well for local game servers, if you're sending data across the world then InterNAP bandwidth makes up for speeds ten times over.
    Last edited by qwidjib0; 04-23-2005 at 10:52 AM.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

I believe

You "believe" an awful lot.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

http://ubiquityhosting.com/ got a biggy cage at teamnet ,check them out. they got 100mbit unmetered and mettered offers.

my friend tested them few months already and pretty much happy so far .

my 2cents.

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix

You "believe" an awful lot.

I believe you're right . I just want to null the excitement in WHT flaming crew, who I believe gets very excited to attack a slightly false piece of information (though I don't believe one exists here). I've obviously spoken with Team a lot, but things change, and obviously all of the definite inner workings of Team/FastServers wouldn't be fully disclosed outside of the company, for logical reasons (I believe).

Well, I'm glad you believe. What do I believe in? God, and the Mets. "You gotta believe, let's go Mets."

Ok, sorry that was completely random.

PTNHosting, I have never been hosted in the TeamNET datacenter, however, I have been a customer of FastServers.net in the past on more than one occasion. I believe FastServers is one of the elite dedicated server providers and run an absolutely top notch operation. If TeamNET was a good enough place of business for FastServers, then I’d say they’re good enough for me as well.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

I believe InterNAP bandwidth is of extremely high quality, and the TeamNET DC is one of the best (sorry, couldn't resist the "I believe").

Thanks to all.

I am in between FastServers and 15minuteservers that are at NAC.

Ping from NAC are the very good from Portugal
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

No good with Team? 15ms is on the East Coast, so they have quite a head start on us, but I'm interested now. I can see FastServers.Net is not running from a TeamNET IP. TeamNet.net's main machine is but it occasionally gets pretty major hits with test files; if you get a chance, you might try pinging UbiquityHosting.com for the most accurate portrayal of the latency from our facility. I'd be very interested to hear how close we get to catching up to 15ms by the time we reach Portugal.

I get 150ms from NAC and 175ms from Team

Thanks
    Portugal Networks

It is TEAM Technologies policy not to disclose any of our customers unless they explicitly ask us to do so. I can assure you the number is a lot more than 6. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly at TEAM. Whoever you are linux-tech get out to TEAM. If you know anything about technology in cedar falls you owe it to yourself to come check it out!

So far, seems way more than impressive to me.

I know wade is very loaded with orders because every time I call, he seems to have another 100 orders he is dealing with. Sounds like a nicely growing company to me.

So, THAT"s who's behind teamnet
    I'll just say this (from past experience):
    Be VERY careful when dealing with mr. Arnold, extremely so. I'm not going to go into details, because it wouldn't really be professional, but it is a buyer beware kind of thing. Hopefully FS has some sort of iron clad clause with the real provider, that's all I have to say.

To be fair, Wade is NOT the man behind Team.

Ok, well, if he's not, then I'll happily retract my statement. However, if he's in any sort of control, it's quite the worrisome situation (at least to me it would be , from past experience).

Thanks to all.

We are going to try LiquidWeb dor now, so thanks to all recomendations and reviews.

Regards
    Portugal Networks

TEAMnet is a several million dollar facility with thousands of servers. I hope that it is more than me here! linux-tech and I had some issues in the past, years before I started working at TEAM. Although I defintly caused him his share of headaches when I personally had servers in Verio it should not reflect at all on TEAM. I am finally in sales rather than support, hurrary!

TEAMnet is a several million dollar facility with thousands of servers.
    All in Cedar Falls, now THAT's just scary
    Speaking of which, WHY Cedar Falls (just curious now). Obviously you guys live here, but why a DC in CF?
    sorry, a bit off topic, but just curious now

Why Iowa?

Why not Iowa? Cedar Falls, Iowa is a perfect location, literally
    sitting as a hub for many surrounding larger communities such
    as Minneapolis, Kansas City, Omaha, St. Louis, and Chicago. The Cedar Falls Data Center location provides quick and easy access for businesses with data storage needs and located in these cities as well as within the state of Iowa. In addition, we have a highly​educated workforce, heartland values, fewer natural and man-made risks and a state ready to be wired for the future make Iowa the perfect place for a high technology growth explosion. Check out the map on our site for nartual disaster and you will understand why your home owners insurance is so low!

I would assume that the lines were origionally run to service UNI.

I have been to Cedar Falls many times and I have no idea why you would put a datacenter there. Nothing against Iowa, I was born and raised there.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Actually, IIRC, UNI is serviced by CFU (Cedar Falls Utilities) , though I haven't been up to UNI lately, I seem to recall (vaguely) that's where they get their access from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast