Varhosting server load?

Curious about what server load they have. Cheers!
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

Check out the forum on their site. There are many posts there about high server load.

Possibly you could chat w/ one of their techs & ask what current load is at.

Regards,

ProSiteDev.com
    Professional Site Development & Budget Web Hosting
    Customer Satisfaction is our MAIN focus!

It seemed more conveniant to ask people who might have accounts there.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

As scottsgravy mentioned clients never lie and if you go into the forums you will get a good idea of what types of problems they have and get better feedback you could get from any of us who have never used them.

You can ask a host 'How are the loads on your servers?' and get a nice 'We keep all servers under .40 all the time' which is fine and dandy if you want to believe it but feedback from customers in the forums will yield you the most correct results.

I have been with varhosting for less than a month and already I am frustrated. it's down at least once a day, and slow the other times. I am now considering moving...

Originally posted by OKIHost
    As scottsgravy mentioned clients never lie and if you go into the forums you will get a good idea of what types of problems they have and get better feedback you could get from any of us who have never used them.
    Good Point - It probably is best to ask clients instead of the varhosting staff themselves

I do know they had some issues w/ node106 (one of the servers) - but Roj (the owner) mentioned that they added an extra 1 GB of memory to it & moved some of the abusive accounts.

Best Wishes,
    Shawn

ProSiteDev.com
    Professional Site Development & Budget Web Hosting
    Customer Satisfaction is our MAIN focus!

Hi folks:

I wanted to chime in about our server loads (since that's what this thread is about). Our forums were *meant* to report problems like that and usually we have people working on them. Not all our servers have problems and, as a matter of fact, the newest one is pretty darn docile (save a major Fantastico issue we're trying to get over).

You'll notice on our forums that the threads start with server load issues and end with us resolving them so if you *do* venture over there, at least read the whole thread.

haligi, contact me via e-mail, PM, or by trouble ticket and we'll see about moving you to another server.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

nyogi,

for some reason I am getting a "you are not authorized" window when I try to pm you or send you an e-mail via this board. it's probably because I'm a new registrant. Will you, please, pm or, preferrably, e-mail me instead?

---------------------

I will say this to all though, while I am having problems with my sites at Varhosting, customer service at Varhosting is great! I have not asked a question or requested a service performed that was not dealt with within a short, reasonable period of time or given an explanation and an estimate of when it will be done. It's just my luck that, of all servers, I get stuck with Node 106.

I've been with Varhosting for over approx 3 months. I can say without doubt they are one of the best hosts i've dealt with. I've had very little downtime or problems. Anything problems I've incurred have been dealt with very quickly via the live help and helpdesk.

In my opion this host is absolutly fantastic and I am very happy to have my sites/busines hosted with them.

Thumbs up to varhosting! keep dong what your doing!

I've just moved over to VARhosting a few days ago, but so far have been very happy. Their server load's almost always been 1 - 1.1, and no other problems to date (except the fantastico problems as mentioned previously).

You can see our current server-load from my site (see signature) and click on "Server Status" on the left.

Your sites down

Well isnt that great timing.... praising VARhosting and what do they do, go down on me?!

well they have been good, with this exception
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Originally posted by LSChosting
    Well isnt that great timing.... praising VARhosting and what do they do, go down on me?!

well they have been good, with this exception
    Your site seems to be loading fine now.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thumbs up

For every bushel, there'll be a bad apple. It just so happens that I had to be in the "bad apple" server.

Overall, I would give my thumbs up on Varhosting. Their service is excellent -- always on top of things, and very, very reachable via ticket or online chat. I think we're working on moving my sites to a different server.

But, no plans to move to another host any time soon.