Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unlimited domains - NO reseller accounts

Hello,

We are looking for a reliable web host offering shared web hosting with unlimited add-on domains. We need access to all domains and folders through the same file manager, so please NO RESELLER ACCOUNTS.

This is what we need:
    * 1000 mb disk space
    * 25 gb bandwidth
    * 1 dedicated IP address
    * unlimited add-on domains (again, NO reseller accounts)
    * unlimited email accounts
    * php
    * 1 MySQL database
    * real 24/7 support
    * cpanel

Any suggestions?

Regards

You can use a reseller account to put all add-on domains in one panel (file manager), no problem.

It is just easier to find reseller packages with unlimited domains. You don't need to be a reseller nor use different panels for each domain.

Try the offer section and make a short list of hosts to choose from. Good Luck!
    ACcomunica

real 24/7 support does not go hand in hand with any unlimited feature. you may get unlimited subdomains though.

unlimited domains will also need unlimited money to register, unless those are free domains with pop-up ads.

any host offering such feature will be doing so to "attract" and for short term gains, and may not stay in business for long or just throw you out on the plea of "excess system usage " a non-quantifiable stuff at their discretion only.

There are quite a few cPanel hosts here at WHT so i would suggest you search around a bit and find a few which you are interested in then look for some feedback on them by doing a search.

Your request is a very simple one so you should have no problem at all finding it providing you are not looking to spend more than $2/mo for it.

Sorry mahut, I can't agree with you here. Site5 offers unlimited domains packages and their support is 24/7/365 super-ultra fast. Never saw anything like that. They are pros.
    ACcomunica

Thanks for your reply. It has to be a non-reseller account though. This is not negotiable, because we know that it won't work for us. It does not only have to do with access, but there are also reasons (mainly php-related, such as fwrite, touch and uploading images) why it can't be a reseller account. So please NO reseller accounts, only shared hosting.

Regards

I'm really curious to know the difference between an reseller account and a shared account.

I'm no expert, far from it, but I tought my reseller account could do everything a regular shared account could do.

Where are the "thousands post members" when we need then?
    ACcomunica

ACcomunica,

You are experienced and I have no reason to disagree with you
    If thats so I take back my words - sorry .

If site5 offers that, yes they are very good though they had that recent "sys usage issue" but I guess that was isaolated.

However , I do not seem to find ( getting old ) any *NON* reseller package with site5 shared hosting that has unlimited domains , they provide at max 10 - 12 ??

ACcomunica, can you please point the url here ?

Yes you can do same things almost with plain shared and reseller packages - important difference is *price * - and system hardware and resource management policies are slightly or more different and varies from host to host

@trolmago
    you can do these stuff
    mainly php-related, such as fwrite, touch and uploading images - with reseller too with most providers too - if they are allowing you to do these with shared then with reseller also, yes ...

only that reseller will cost *more*
    Last edited by mahut; 04-22-2005 at 07:52 PM.

mahut, You are right this time, only reseller packages have unlimited domains...

"sys usage issue" - You mean server load? They are back to normal now... no complaints.
    ACcomunica

and reseller pckgs are *higher* in cost

no complaints now do not mean complaints wont happen - site5 has pointed out that theirs shared is not meant for *moderately heavy to heavily heavy usage* and they have no means to upgrade ( closed thread 3 from last closed ) - *however* I fully agree their service is very good and their support is 24/7/365 super-ultra fast

Originally posted by ACcomunica
    I'm really curious to know the difference between an reseller account and a shared account.
    From reading the first post, he wants to use a Cpanel account and setup domains through add-on domains, from within that 1 cpanel account. I guess he has his reasons for wanting to set things up like that, and not wanting to setup those domains as totally separate domains, each with their own cpanels etc.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

w.r.t setting up domains, yes, nonreseller and reseller can vary

w.r.t features they offer same functionalities like same php etc ,
    in fact reseller will have more resources in terms of space, bw etc

however its perhaps impossible to get unlim add-on domains

You could get a regular host with unlimited add-on domains...contact me and I'll explain further.

Why not explain it here?

Originally posted by arxor
    You could get a regular host with unlimited add-on domains...contact me and I'll explain further.
    WTF? I wanna know more too!
    ACcomunica

Because it really depends on the host, he can host unlimited domains aslong as he doesn't run out of space for them technically. Just has to check the restrictions with host etc etc. He can get a regular cpanel host, and make sure they offer unlimited add-on domains, (no hidden restrictions in tos), and he will be able to host them all (aslong as he doesn't run out of space.) Then right above where it says "Click here to update your account information", it will have a drop down box to switch from domain to domain. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by arxor; 04-22-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks for all replies!

This is why we need a non-reseller account :
    On our website you can create files, upload images etc. The files and images are created and saved in subfolders (created with mkdir). If a domain needs to be set up with one of the subfolders, then we only need to assign a domain name to the subfolder and it works.

With a reseller package we would have to create a seperate cpanel account, download the files to the desktop and then upload again to the newly created cpanel account. Also, there are a number of files and functions on the our website (the main domain) that can't be accessed from domains which are located on other cpanel accounts. However, if using subfolders on the same cpanel account, all these functions can be accessed without problems.
    Last edited by trolmago; 04-22-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Yep, all you need is unlimited add-on domains.

Good luck!

There is essentially no difference between shared and reseller hosting, except that with a reseller account you can create shared accounts. So, for that reason, there is nothing that a shared server account can do that a reseller account couldn't. You would just be able to create more shared accounts, which can come in handy.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Thank you Bill!

That's exactly my thoughts! Reseller and Shared are pretty much the same thing, except for the ability to create shared accounts.

Now let's go back to reality.
    ACcomunica

Originally posted by mahut

however its perhaps impossible to get unlim add-on domains
    are you getting confused with the term "unlimited add-on domains"?
    when a web host advertises that, they mean unrestricted amount of domains you can use with your 1 cPanel account. These domains you must have already registered yourself before they can be used with the account.

"Unlimited add-on domains" does not mean, "we will give you unlimited free domain names".

Oh and for others, this is not intended for a debate over the word "unlimited", I'm mearly trying to clarify mahut's perception of the term.

oh no ! I was not confused

which hosts ( providing the other factors he listed also like reliable 24x7 spprt ) provide unlimited add on domains , any url ??

and I meant that to have unlimited domains you have to register domain names too, who ever gives that, and for that unlimited money is needed too

No obviously you don't understand. Add-on domains is not the company purchasing the client domains. Its where the client can add on there own domains to the account and manage it with the same space. All it does is save the hassel of buying a reseller account.

which hosts ( providing the other factors he listed also like reliable 24x7 spprt ) provide unlimited add on domains , any url ??

and I meant that to have unlimited domains you have to register domain names too, who ever gives that, and for that unlimited money is needed too
    just making sure

Not true at all. That simply means that they aren't going to limit the number of domains that you park. Obviously it would be mathematically impossible to have unlimited domains, but it is possible for a host to not restrict the number of domains that you park with them. I think you are interpreting the term too literally.

And buying a reseller account isn't much of a hassle, and provides a lot more flexibily than a shared account, simply because you can create shared accounts.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast