Hybrid View

Merchant Provider in Canada

I'm looking for a merchant provider that will provide to Canadian companies. Looking to process the cards on our site rather than a 3rd party web site (their site).

Basically, a real merchant account with reasonably lower rates. Please let me know, I am finding it very frustrating!

Try these:

www.psigate.com
    www.moneris.com
    www.vanhost.com (a partner with PSIGATE)
    www.modernauthorize.com (a partner with PSIGATE)

PSI-GATE is a PSP, a Gateway company, when Moneris is the only Processor-Acquiring company in Canada (or the largest of a few), i.e. one step higher than PSI-GATE and is an actual VISA/MC member.
    So, in my opinion Moneris must be the right way.
    Ido Schiferli
    Marketing Manager

ChronoPay

There are a few options in Canada. The best place to start is with your own bank.

Moneris is actually owned by Royal Bank and BMO.

Paymentech for example is CIBC and Bank of Nova Scotia.

In Canada, it is illegal for a single bank to offer both Visa and MC - as such, you see these these other companies popup that are owned by 2 banks, in order to provide the complete solution.

Another option is TD Merchant Services - which is a joint venture between TD Canada Trust and First Data out of the US.

Traditionally, the banks in Canada dont play nice with eCommerce. And if your business is considered to be of "high risk" or you dont have enough funds to lay down as a security deposit, you may need to work with a solution like PSIgate.

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Originally posted by 2fangs
    www.vanhost.com (a partner with PSIGATE)
    I'll assume you were trying to refer us, thank you. However, that is not my/our website. Unfortunately, someone decided that VanHost had a good reputation on WHT and registered the domain name.

Go figure.

At any rate, just want to clear that up
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

LOL - I was going to have him give you a jingle, but since they had posted that other URL - I thought you were holding out in me - thanks for clearing it up!

And just in case: the better (more correct) URL: http://www.digitallyjustified.com/merchant.php

Thanks Corey. Yeah, it really bothers me actually. Someone suggested that I register it, because it was available and thought it would be a neat personal site for me. In less than an hour, someone else had registered it.

I wonder if I can trademark VanHost and get it back

Hopefully - it seems that 800 number shows up on a lot of sites

Hehehe...I have more search results....anyways, enough thread hogging

check out internetsecure.com they are 1Km away from my home and I use them for my business and they are very good.