Toll Free Number using VOIP

I am thinking of having a toll free number for my business and saw that Broadvoice has a fairly inexpensive option.

http://www.broadvoice.com/features_a..._tollfree.html

Is that a viable option for a business? Are there any other inexpensives toll free number choices you can recommend?

You can also check out Vonage as well. A bit more expensive - but we use them and are very happy (for residential).

I do not think VoIP is there just yet for business use (customer service). Still a few minor glitches.

check www.kall8.com too
    Credit card processing, online check/ACH and EuroDebit payment solutions for the Internet merchants
    www.psbill.com

i've heard mixed things about voip. i'll agree with coreybryant and say that residential is fine. perhaps you can make long distance calls from your voip number until it's more established before you start getting calls in.

VOIP works fine for inbound or outbound calls.
    There are problems with contries which don't have local VOIP points, calls forwarded to nearest country where there is VOIP server and then by land lines they are routed to requested country and here you will hear problems with voice transferring.
    Also, there are problems if your broadband line is heavy loaded or you are using the Sat Internet where pings are not less than 500ms. You will hear noises instead of the voice or delays in responses.

But in general , VOIP works fine. At least, for us
    Credit card processing, online check/ACH and EuroDebit payment solutions for the Internet merchants
    www.psbill.com

If you have good internet connection then you wont have any problem with VOIP setup as all that is needed for VOIP setup is highspeed broadband internet connection.

You have different VOIP providers which you can check out from google as it depends on the country in which you are.

I've been using VoIP here in Australia going on 5 months, i've cut the phone bill down quite a bit.

Who is your service provider in australia ? do you have the hardware provider from australia itself or are they global service providers ?

Originally posted by eukhost
    Who is your service provider in australia ? do you have the hardware provider from australia itself or are they global service providers ?
    I use Faktortel (www.faktortel.com.au) for DID / VoIP which terminates to an asterisk PBX located at the datacentre, from there it has an IRV/PBX and then I use a Cisco IP phone to make and receive calls. Setup cost ~AU$2000, it paid for itself 3 months in.