Question Web Hosting Company Names?

I cannot think of any good names for a web hosting business. Could you guys help me?
    I don't have any ideas or anything to work off of.

Thanks, Sevoma

best way is to think up host related words

and then think on them.. and have a whois opento check any ideas... or do a search on google to get some ideas of existing ones.. that may help

good luck
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

I disagree with Aaron, there is thousands of companies out with with names like "host this" & "host that". Try and think of something original, maybe a local name or place.

Look at some of the worlds biggest ISP, you don't see them using common names like host

InterSQ,

Dreamhost?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I have been using a thesaurus, searching on google, and more, but I can't find something I like, or it is taken.

Picking a name can be tough, because everything you think of is never good enough, until you find that name thats just right (that no one owns yet!). Really, I just think of what I want to convey; what my site's whole idea or philosophy is, and try to think of words that describe it. Obviously domains with common words are more likely to be taken, so I find that a synonyms come in handy. Give it some time, and don't worry, It'll come to you eventually. The domains I've decided upon weren't discovered by brute force, but rather, they just came to me one day after a few weeks of thinking it over.
    OC Hosting, Inc.
    http://www.OChosting.com
    http://www.BuyCpanel.com
    http://www.BuyBarracuda.com

Then when you do find the right now.... all the tld's are taken
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

If you have one of those keyboards that is 'web enabled' try to look at those and come up with something.

Check my comment and guess how I got mine
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I write a paragraph about what my domain will be about, what the exact features are and why it is good/unique.

I then break up some of the words and stick them together in random order.

It may not get you a result straight away, but it gets you focussed on certain words you want to use.

Also, I agree with the above poster that you do not need to use a typical "hostthis.com" name.

Saying all this, my advice to you would be to NOT set up a hosting company if you haven't done so already. The market is totally saturated. Spend your money developing another online business

How do you like elitehost?

Sounds like a typical name for a host to be honest .. try to be origional.

elitehost.com is registered...

Ok. Any other ideas?

Even if you might think of a great name, the chances are its domain name already taken and you will probably have your hosting domain with a "-" or something like that.

What i'm suggesting is you get yourself some decent list of domain names which can be suitable for hosting first, then only you filter through. Try http://www.nameboy.com

any ideas on what keywords to use in nameboy? I am not that creative. Nothing I liked so far.

I am going to scan the dicctionary for words

"sevoma" itself is a good name
    and if your service is good it will be outstanding

sevoma.net for example is available

millionhosting - fantastichosting and fantastic-hosting - zzzhosting - adequatehosting - jimshosting and jims-hosting - bubblyhosting - all available as .com at this stage.

many people uses SEO domains like this that host/hosting-that hosting this but in the end if your company can provide service any "noun" should work just fine.

After all, name has no value. When you put value in something that makes the name.
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

I think i'll use sevoma hosting. Thanks everyone for your input.

It's always where you don't think of, right?

Originally posted by Sevoma
    I think i'll use sevoma hosting. Thanks everyone for your input.
    I like "sevoma". It's original and sounds nice.

Good luck!

Teresa

Sevoma Support
    Sevoma Billing
    Sevoma Internet Services

Just trying things....
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com

Originally posted by InterSQ
    I disagree with Aaron, there is thousands of companies out with with names like "host this" & "host that". Try and think of something original, maybe a local name or place.
    Yeah, coming up with an original name, with great appeal, ease of branding/spelling, is next to impossible these days. I like 1 word names that are internet related, easy to spell, that look good, and sound nice. It's not easy to get all those combinations nailed down.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

You can host in on the new tld names, but then again, the name should sound *pro* (read .com)
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com

Yup Bob did it two times now (not sure if it is more than that). Like Httpme and Dotable. I mean come on how more cool can you get?

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yeah, coming up with an original name, with great appeal, ease of branding/spelling, is next to impossible these days. I like 1 word names that are internet related, easy to spell, that look good, and sound nice. It's not easy to get all those combinations nailed down.

morecoolhost.com ? just kidding
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com

Originally posted by aaneta
    You can host in on the new tld names, but then again, the name should sound *pro* (read .com)
    you mean like this? hosting.pro

every week hundreds of .com and .net host or hosting domains drop, and can be regged again. just pick one of those, you can't lose!

Is hosting.pro legit? I though .pro is only for registered professional individuals?

It started ruining itself already?
    Need reliable hosting?
    titaniumline.com

Originally posted by Torith
    Yup Bob did it two times now (not sure if it is more than that). Like Httpme and Dotable. I mean come on how more cool can you get?
    lol, thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm always nervous with names and branding etc, and not real good with choosing them. I think I'm ok, but never too sure.

Dun get something like mine for sure, 8 to Infinity, my users are always calling, can I speak to that something 8 company? Just make sure your name is easy to remember.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    Dun get something like mine for sure, 8 to Infinity, my users are always calling, can I speak to that something 8 company? Just make sure your name is easy to remember.
    Yeah, you're kind of behind the 8 ball with that domain/brand, imo. Have you thought of a rebranding?

Yeap, maybe have to get one of the branding advisors, I don't think I would make a good one, better seek expert advicee. Problem is the name that keeps popping out of my head is flybynighthost......, I guess that is even worse.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    . . . Problem is the name that keeps popping out of my head is flybynighthost . . .
    Yeah, I wouldn't advise that one.

flybynighthost.com is still available

What about ScamAndFraudHost?
    By sure people will remember this name

Ok, now serious again
    I know how difficult it is to find an easy to remember
    and unique domain name. It can take weeks. I hope
    you will find a good name that fits your needs.

Yangxi

Finding a name is the most difficult thing to do because nothing sounds like it will make a good name but just keep trying.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Originally posted by Bakie
    Finding a name is the most difficult thing to do because nothing sounds like it will make a good name but just keep trying.
    Or, you always think of great names! ...but they're taken.

Httpme and Dotable both seem easy to remember . So you must be doing something right!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    lol, thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm always nervous with names and branding etc, and not real good with choosing them. I think I'm ok, but never too sure.

Dear sevoma,

Inspite of going such query direct to the forum for finding the web hosting provider name, We suggest for the web hosting selection process into a set of simple steps.

1 Make a comprehensive list of ur requirement.

2 calculate ur budget as per the feature.

3.start hunting with ur feature and ur budget for the hosting provider.

4. collect all information of the particular web hosting providers like, company, how many sites are hosted, security provided, test the support,backup, responce time, check server space and other features.

After going through above information matching with ur requirement and budget go for the particular hosting provider.
    Best of luck!
    Last edited by eukhost; 04-25-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Be original... pull out the dictionary, start attaching and dismantling names!