Question Question About BFD

When BFD blocks an IP does it block it from just SSH or does it block the IP from accessing/viewing any site(s) on that server as well?

blocks it completely if you place it in /etc/hosts.deny. But you could craft an iptables rule to only block ssh access.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

you can configure the BFD to run any block command, but normally it call the apf to block the ips. When it does does block all the traffic.

hope that helps
    Affordable Linux Server Managament Solution
    To order : http://www.linuxnetworkcare.com
    Contact :[ AIM : xerophytev] [MSN : support@linuxnetworkcare.com][ Phone : 647-722-5303 ][skype:ksutha5]

If you are having a problem with a lot of legitimate users being put into the hosts.deny list, try editting the default BFD conf files and bumping up the max failed attempts.

The problem I am having is that I cannot access my site via the domain name, only the IP. I have checked the /etc/hosts.deny as well as the /etc/apf/deny_hosts.rules and my IP or host is not there. mysite.com is not accessible but myip/~username is as well as my control panel at myip:2222.
    This was all of a sudden too. I use a wireless router and on all computers on the network I can no longer access my site via domain name, only IP. I also checked for my network IP to see if it was banned but it is not there.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Sounds like a DNS issue and not a BFD issue.

What is your domain name?

Originally posted by xerophyte
    you can configure the BFD to run any block command, but normally it call the apf to block the ips. When it does does block all the traffic.

hope that helps
    Thanx a lot...

Well I actually traced the problem to my router. I did a direct connection to my pc from my cable modem and was able to access the site via the domain name...really strange that it would only block that site and no others. I rebooted my router and upgraded the firmware and all seems to be good now.
    Thank you everyone for your help

Wow, thats a wierd one.

Glad its all taken care of now though