Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's up at XeoComm? Did portal pull another fast one?

"Technical difficulties" ? - Rumor on the block is he sold out and used forged documents to get his servers out....

Sites down...haven't heard anything....someone with some official word? PyroShells part deux?
      0 Not allowed!

Since when should WHT be the place for rumours and crap?
    Getting sick of this.
    http://magi.net.au - Development / rant blog for coders, *nix admins, unoffical cpanel and whatnot.
    Server administration / Emergency work / Security handling available on request - private message/email for quote or more information
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds almost identical to his other entity pyroshells, to soon to judge I suppose lets let portal chime in
      0 Not allowed!

Definatly looks like thats whats happened (I've heard similar disturbing rumors about a grab and run from Peer1, to another Peer1 customers cage).

The webpage appears to be back up now (www.xeocomm.com), but was down almost a full 24 hours (and is limping badly at this pace), and it appears to be on a completely new IP block (was on 69.90.74.xxx, now on 64.34.129.xxx).

Their IRC channel appears to be unmanned and opless (#xeocomm on irc.efnet.org), and I dont see "Portal" (the owner?) around.

Perhaps Shay/Portal would like to explain, inquiring minds want to know. I'd also like to hear more about the reported PayPal chargebacks that were issued against a few people who sold Xeocomm hardware. Perhaps one of Xeocomm's customers (assuming any use WHT) can let the community know whats going on .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com
      0 Not allowed!

[17:11] <portal> havnt seen it
    [17:11] <portal> not even gonna reply

Was the official word I got from him, oh well. Looks as though it is true.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cpanelgh0st
    Getting sick of this.
    How can you be getting sick of it after being here for a month?
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cpanelgh0st
    Getting sick of this.
    Since always?

WHT is somewhere people go to keep up to date on the industry. Being just around the corner from Peer1 709's suite in 151 Front, I've been hearing about this for the past week or so. If nobody brings forth any interesting information to WHT, whats the point of posting/reading? While it may be a rumor at the start, WHT helps qualify that rumor (as true, or false) which I believe is what the posters trying to get clarification on.

If Shays pulling another pyroshells (read: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=pyroshells ), don't you think the public has a right to know?

Needless to say, I believe that the various parties who xeocomm still has financial obligations to, want to know exactly whats up, if nobody else does; this may be their only method of getting word (considering the domain has been dead in the water, and other contacts have been reported attempted).
      0 Not allowed!

Becuase sometimes WHT lets its imagination run wild.
    Okay, he pulls a pyroshells, then let customers and other potential customers know. I've got nothing against that.

But WHT does have a reputation also for starting rumours, and sometimes just being plain stupid at best of times. (I think my personal favourite for the time being are the pro-thelinuxguy and anti-thelinuxguy rants... )
    http://magi.net.au - Development / rant blog for coders, *nix admins, unoffical cpanel and whatnot.
    Server administration / Emergency work / Security handling available on request - private message/email for quote or more information
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sysc
    [17:11] <portal> havnt seen it
    [17:11] <portal> not even gonna reply

Was the official word I got from him, oh well. Looks as though it is true.
    Hrm,

Odd that I couldn't seem to coax a message outta him, or that he's not even in his own channel (well at least not under his normal nick, so you've gotta wonder).

I guess if nobody from xeocomm will validate, or deny the claims, and we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the coming days/weeks/months.
      0 Not allowed!

Drama, Drama, Drama ...
      0 Not allowed!

Shay, it's customary to defend your company's reputation when it's under seige by the public.
      0 Not allowed!

Well Im one person who can say without a doubt that infact he did do a hit and run as i had to deal with Portal 2 weeks ago when a colo client of his wanted out Peer1 didnt want to allow it stating the cab was blacklocked due to outstanding bills. I had to go directly to peer1 on behalf of the client to make sure he was able get his server's out. Now im the person that was buying out pyroshells last year and what portal seems to have done now is almost the same as he did last year. Soon enough people will get tired of him and will deal with him according.
    Moxie Colo Inc Has been Sold to Secure Access Colo known on WHT as SecureDataCenters
    New ownership better Service DC1 100% Sold out DC2 Due online July 2010
      0 Not allowed!

Almost exactly what happened with pyroshells+atrivo last year.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AllianceNet
    Shay, it's customary to defend your company's reputation when it's under seige by the public.
    It may be, but I do not have to defend anything on WebHostingTalk, where 99% of "facts" are rumors which cannot be supported.

If you believe anything that comes out of Sean Ng's mouth (computer screen?) That's your choice. Lets leave it at that, I'm done with this issue, and I will repeat my first post.

Drama, Drama, Drama ...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AllianceNet
    I disagree.

It's sensible not customary
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Xeocomm is just fine. I was just looking at the servers to see if I could help portal get things back online. The boxes are up, but all ips changed. That was a LOT of zone file and config editing. As far as I can tell he handled the move fairly well, but there was a simple apache config error and another error in the xeo zone file that was breaking everything. I wasn't there from the start so I really can't speak on why the move happened or anything like that, but the sites hosted by xeo should start working again any time now.

Edited for spelling/punctuation.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by portal
    It may be, but I do not have to defend anything on WebHostingTalk, where 99% of "facts" are rumors which cannot be supported.

If you believe anything that comes out of Sean Ng's mouth (computer screen?) That's your choice. Lets leave it at that, I'm done with this issue, and I will repeat my first post.

Drama, Drama, Drama ...
    So, you didn't tell Peer1 that your Dell lease was up so they'd let you grab the servers are run?

So, your site was just down for 24 hours in that case?

So, you didn't perform chargeback on people providing hardware to you via your mothers CC?

Inquiring minds want to know what the deal is, heck, I still can't reach either of the sites in your signature.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AKavanaugh
    So, you didn't tell Peer1 that your Dell lease was up so they'd let you grab the servers are run?

So, you didn't perform chargeback on people providing hardware to you via your mothers CC?

Inquiring minds want to know what the deal is, heck, I still can't reach either of the sites in your signature.
    Who are you?
      0 Not allowed!

Who are you?
    An inquiring mind.
      0 Not allowed!

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport...in=xeocomm.com

The servers are online serving dns, it appears apache is down only.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

No, I did not.

The site was down because we merged with another company.

No I did not.

0 Not allowed!

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
      0 Not allowed!

Shay, how about filling me in. You said Xeocomm merged with another company (which was whom?); how do you intend to follow up with companies that Xeocomm still has remaining financial obligations to (assumedly Peer1, Priority Colo, Netdoozer, etc.)?

I'm just curious as to what these parties (obviously ourselves should be doing) in this case. Generally I dont like to bring matters like this to a public forum, but I'd kinda like to know (since I cant seem to get a response VIA email, IRC, etc.). Where should we all be sending the bills this time?
      0 Not allowed!

From what I have been assured xeocomm will live on as a merged entity run by different administration. Whether or not it works out is anyones guess, but probably not good to suggest it is another pyroshells since customers will be online again shortly?

I was personally affected by the credit card chargeback incident but he has assured me he will pay me by check for my loss due to his chargeback..I guess I will see on that one too....
      0 Not allowed!

No I did not.

I was personally affected by the credit card chargeback incident but he has assured me he will pay me by check for my loss due to his chargeback..I guess I will see on that one too....
    ... Care to explain (Shay)?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast