What are some options you guys/gals look for

Hi gang

Just wondering what type of options for webhosting do you guys/gals expect from a webhosting provider?

Space?
    Speeds?
    Uptime?
    Options?
    ect ect ect

Please give me some feedback so we can better serve people.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Best webhosting, webdesign in the nation.
    www.emagine-hosting.com

1. SUPPORT
    2. Uptime
    3. Features
    4. Space
    5. Bandwidth
    ACcomunica

Thanks for replying ACcomunica

In that order is what options you look for??

Thanks
    Jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com

If you can keep your servers up, the only thing to distinguish you amongst others is customer service.

Cheap is not the way to go in the hosting business. I look for a lot of other things before compare prices.

IMO good support is having someone to help me anyday, anytime in 15-30 minutes max. An active forum is also a good idea.

So after support and uptime, other things are not so important.
    ACcomunica

Yep I can definately agree with you. I know before I ventured into webhosting myself I use to look for these options in this order, but thats just me.

Options
    Support (via: atleast forum and email)
    Price
    Uptime (didn't mind occasional downtime for maintenence)
    Speed/Bandwidth

Thanks
    jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com

Now emagine-hosting, is this coinsadence or not.

i see your domain was registered before.,

but how do you end up with the same slogan as us.

and i have to say i 100% did not know yours was that... that is the honest truth ....

as i had thought it up myself..
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

Uptime
    speed
    space and transfer
    Price
    Support

I place support on the lower end of my searches because I am a host and have sufficient knowledge to fix most common problems. A properly maintanined system will result in high uptime so I don't really need to contact support much. Price was put before support because I like to stay somewhere in the middle. Not too high and not too low. I seem to get the best results when shopping in that area.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

My order:

Reliability
    Price
    Features
    Support
    Storage
    Bandwidth
    Speed

I'm willing to sacrifice a little for price but those are my criteria and I know others have their own priorities.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Originally posted by E:magine - Aaron
    Now emagine-hosting, is this coinsadence or not.

i see your domain was registered before.,

but how do you end up with the same slogan as us.

and i have to say i 100% did not know yours was that... that is the honest truth ....

as i had thought it up myself..
    That is extremely funny Aaron. Ya I never seen your website before but the qoute is kinda generic and would be common. Because when you think of the work Imagine you think right away "Imagine the Possibilties" So since we started the same word with an E it just seemed like nature to have that slogan. Well its nice to meet you and g/l with your business ventures.

Jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com

yes and to you.
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

1. Support
    2. Uptime
    4. Space/Bandwidth for good price
    5. Speed
    I GLOE SOLUTIONS
    For Free Hosting go to IGloe.net!

1. Space/Disk-transfer for good price.

2. Uptime

3. Medicore support if it means the company can pass down the savings to me. (offshore support, with no phone)

Support
    Reliability
    support
    support
    reliability

Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

support+speed+uptime+ample,reasonable,clarified system resource usage allowance

+ means without one the other will be meaningless.

this is in the background of hosts providing comparable what-i-need features,space,transfer at a comparable price

tons of bw =)

reliability is the most important to me.

then comes the service gotta have unlimited databases,etc, and tons of bandwidth, and lots of space.

then comes support. or maybe that should be in with reliability

Originally posted by omgwtfbbq
    tons of bw =)
    What is it that you need tons of bandwidth for omgwtfbbg? Usually a standard website doesn't need an OC 192 pumping through it, which is Tons of bw to me. Most websites would run fine on a 1.5mbps line without any lag.

Jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com

As everyone has mentioned, GOOD SUPPORT is a big factor, which many people tend not to consider when buying webspace.

By good support, I mean someone is there 24/7 to take your call or chat with you online and get your problem fixed ASAP.

Another good aspect to consider is if the host has their own datacenter, meaning your host actually owns their servers, and can pretty much step into the next room and see whats wrong. Many hosts just resell hosting and when you have a problem, THEY have to call someone else to get the problem resolved.

Obviously cost for space and bandwidth are important, but in some senses are secondary concerns. Theres no point in getting hositng for rock-bottom prices, when something goes wrong, and you're site is restored after weeks (if you get help from the tech support at all).

If you know what you're doing and can configure and fix your site via command line, then really support isn't a big issue. But in any case, you should also be concerned that your host doesn't bog down your shared hosting with tons of other sites they host. In that senario webspace and bandwidth mean nothing, if data merely trickles from your site due to overloading.

Just some thoughts, I hope it helps when considering a suitable webhost.
    OC Hosting, Inc.
    http://www.OChosting.com
    http://www.BuyCpanel.com
    http://www.BuyBarracuda.com

Hi BryanOCH

That helps very much and thank you for the response. We infact do not own our own datacenter, but have business lines running into a secure rooms where all of our machines are. We also daily full backups and a copy of all backups in house and have one location offsite where I drop backups off. What this means is if a server goes down, the customer is only down a matter of an hour or two. If the office burns down they would be back up and running the next day. This I know many hosting companies don't do which I can not understand why not because going down is huge.

Jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com

Originally posted by BryanOCH
    As everyone has mentioned, GOOD SUPPORT is a big factor, which many people tend not to consider when buying webspace.

By good support, I mean someone is there 24/7 to take your call or chat with you online and get your problem fixed ASAP.
    Personally I don't require 24/7 support. Heck yeah, it does help. But if someone is on between the peak times that I'm also on.. I see no problems there. It's all about the quality, besides ... who needs support if the server stays up and runs lean and mean
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I totally agree RefreshNet

Support is needed definately but within reason. I mean if its 4:00am and somone doesn't answer the phone im not gonna panic and call the National Guard saying Terrorists are taking over the world like many people act like. If the phones are answered between 8am and 10pm thats good enough for me.

Jeff
    www.emagine-hosting.com