Server Matrix - Overall Support?

Is it just me or is this once great company starting to crumble? I won't go into my personal details but their lack of support caused me loose some customers and almost close my business. Luckily I found a new provider that is willing to bend over backwards to make me happy. It costs a bit more but it is truly worth it.

Sooo... you're asking for feedback on a host you just moved from? What's the point... other than to start another ServerMatrix thread?

I have not had any problems with support recently.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I haven't had to use support in the past 2.5 months. Last time was due to a failed hard drive, which was resolved quite quickly. Found problem around 7am (2ndary drive), drive was replaced and formatted before 1pm. (my ticket to replace was sent in at 10.30 am, machine was brought down a bit after 11am).

I'm happy.

Oh yah, the drive failed on a saturday morning.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

My machines have never been down so I did not quite need support much anyways. Most of the time it is for the other subsystems, domains and so on and they have been very quick to respond.

As long as you understand what is included in your support plan, you will do fine. If you request for something outside what is included, you may have to wait a while for a solution.

Servermatrix are great when things work, but if something critical happens, like a harddrive failure, defect ram or similar, you're in for a scary ride. If your servers has never had anything bad happen to them, you can't know how SM handles themselves under pressure..

.. unless you do a search on forums like this, and their own.

Never had to use support much, but when I do, it's fine. No complaints from me.

Have not had any problems with SM in my nearly 18 months. The monitoring system works great with silver plan. The only support I have requested have been DNS changes.

I have noticed their support getting better recently, but we do often see outage tickets go for hours unanswered...