processing CC without processor?

i realise the sign up forms on some of the hosting websites have no fills for you to fill up your credit card information. but their forms do have an option that allows you to choose credit card as you payment method.
    after you submitted the form, you will just have to wait for the host to reply you.
    i haven't tried using credit card to such hosting companies before since i don't feel quite safe. but i am just wondering if anyone has any experience with such hosting companies? how would they get your credit card information? through email?

does that mean this particular hosting company does not have any credit card processor? if he doesn't have a credit card processor, how's he going to process the credit card from his customers?

actually, is there a way to process a credit card without a credit card processor? like somewhere where you can do it manually or something?

i am pretty new to CC processing stuff. need some guidance on this.
    thanks

If you want to charge someone on a credit card, you will need a credit card processor.

The hosting companies you mention, will defently have a cc processor and I guess they will either provide you with a payment url or they will take your CC info by phone or fax.

Once this info is collected you can use fx. a Virtual Terminal to process the card.

Hopefully they wont ask for them by using e-mail !!

And if they ask you to send it via email - run away - far away! Email is sent via plain text. So it is not secure. You are giving the world access to your information

How secure is it to send credit card infos via fax?
    Just curious........

Originally posted by trinitron
    If you want to charge someone on a credit card, you will need a credit card processor.

The hosting companies you mention, will defently have a cc processor and I guess they will either provide you with a payment url or they will take your CC info by phone or fax.

Once this info is collected you can use fx. a Virtual Terminal to process the card.

Hopefully they wont ask for them by using e-mail !!
    take ur CC info by phone? is it secure? wouldn't the host have your CC information like this?

i went to one of such hosts before. they asked me a to make a call to them to provide them my CC information. i was feeling a little uneasy and gave up.

What's Virtual Terminal? how would they process through there? sorry if i sounds a little newbie because i am really new...hehe

take ur CC info by phone? is it secure? wouldn't the host have your CC information like this?
    You will need to trust the host, else don't give them your CC info.

What's Virtual Terminal? how would they process through there ?
    It is in some cases a Web based script or in other cases a small program your run on your PC.

It looks very much like a payment form just that you type all informations by your self, it's not your customers that type in this informations.

make a search on google on Virtual Terminal, Im sure, you will find some screen shots or demos.