Props to 10for10/Simpli

A little earlier I was looking for a reliable host with a good track record to host my website, forums and helpdesk offsite. I began my search looking at spirithosting since they used the extremely reliable RackSpace datacenter. However they couldn't fit my needs. So I was back to searching. Luckily another user referred me to Simpli.

After looking around I saw that Simpli had some pretty nice deals going on (Still do actually ) so I gave it a shot and signed up. Afterall, I have owed Erica some business for about two years now. Needless to say immediately after signing up I had Erica contacting me on IM thanking me for the order and telling me it was about time. Account was setup near instant, and after propagation I was good to go. Had one simple support request that was answered in almost no time by Brandon. In the short time that I've been there the AboveNet network has been wicked fast, and the Dual Xeon servers have been able to match that, with server loads usually in the .20 mark.

Then ... Erica had to go and run some more deals for some dedicated servers. Not only did I snatch up one, but I had to snatch up two it was such a nice deal, especially with the added discount that Erica gave me for purchasing multiple servers. With amount of money she's making me spend, you'd almost think we were dating. So far the dedicated experience has just been just as good as my brief shared hosting experience. The first server was up and running about 2 hours after I placed the order, with all the necessary software installed and configured. I just ordered the second server (it's actually for an employee of mine) and I imagine her team will have it up and running just as quick.

As a competitor, I definitely have to give her respect. She runs a top notch operation over there, and if you're looking for shared or dedicated's, I recommend looking her way.

Up to the end of last month, I was feeling quite comfortable running my sites on my servers at Servermatrix. Two of which just mirroring the same content. I thought it was infallible until the fiasco at the end of last month which makes me rethink my strategy of mirroring. Although I did not put all my eggs in one basket but the sad thing was that the one carrying the baskets felt down and all my eggs broke.

So I thought that anything could go wrong can happen. I do not fault Servermatrix there but I had to redo my strategy, I am not losing tons of money during the downtime but it just shows how vulnerable things are.

That's when I thought of spreading my mirrors all across the US and naturally, one of which was to approach 10for10.com for service. I initially did drop a simple question to sales and Erica responded at lightning speed and that impressed me a great deal. I signed up immediately and got everything up and running within the day. So far I have not experience any downtime and everything is great now.

Although I signed up 2 weeks prior to the current 1 for 1 special, although I do not get the 1 for 1 deal, I am still happy for getting what I am paying now. She doesn't distinguish between the different types of users and her team treats me with the respect as if I am the top billing customer.

No regrets there. I guess my only regret was not signing up earlier.

All I can say is Thank You Erica.
    Last edited by eddy2099; 04-21-2005 at 12:39 PM.

With amount of money she's making me spend, you'd almost think we were dating.
    Now that was funny.

Thank you both for letting us know the good experiences you've had with Erica's service(s).

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Now that was funny.
    I try ... I try

Re: Props to 10for10/Simpli

Originally posted by inogenius
    With amount of money she's making me spend, you'd almost think we were dating.
    Not only have I never heard that before, but heck .. well .. give it about 8 months and see if ino proposes. That's all I have to say.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Thank you both for the excellent reviews. It's always a pleasure to read these!
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!