hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Community Reviews : Other Reviews : Content Management System Question

Forum Jump

Content Management System Question

Reply Post New Thread In Other Reviews Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Content Management System Question

We are currently working on releasing a new version of our IMS (Information Management System) known as adminIT. We currently only use it for our clients but plan on reselling through Web Design companies that don't currently have a way of allowing their clients to manage their sites and don't want the hassle of creating and maintaining thier own.

The beauty of our IMS is that it can be integrated into any design and doesn't make you stick to a templatable frontend that makes all sites that use it look similiar.

Currently these are the features we have included:
- WYSIWYG editor (Based on HTMLAREA 3.0)
- Page content manangement
- News / Press Release management
- Events management
- Photo management (optimizes photos for web usage, multi-photo upload)
- File manangement
- Mailing List / Newsletter management
- Lists management
- User security (allows users to only access certain areas of the IMS)

Also, we have two additional modules; sellIT and catalogIT.

sellIT is a complete e-Commerce package, with inventory control, client management, order management, shopping cart, etc.

catalogIT is a basic way for clients to manage an online product catalog. It's perfect for businesses such as Real Estate agents.

Anyway, my question is, what are some other features you'd like to see if you were going to resell something like this to your clients?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Nothing?? Come on guys ....

Old

First, I would recommend you drop htmlarea, as it's been discontinued. The project has forked off to xinha, though "(X)inha (I)s (N)ot (H)tml(A)rea" (see http://xinha.gogo.co.nz/cgi-bin/trac.cgi for more information).

Alternatively, consider the other prominent alternatives like fckeditor or tinymce. I'd personally suggest xinha, though.

I didn't know there was still a market for CMS, particularly with the large stream of open source projects online today.

Sponsored Links
Old
rogue element

Quote:
Originally posted by KIA-Joe
Nothing?? Come on guys ....
Maybe you should ask the mods to move it to the offers forum. This sort of thing really doesn't belong in the web design forum.

Old
Junior Guru

Pretty Cool

Probably can add some Ad Management system?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by bliang
First, I would recommend you drop htmlarea, as it's been discontinued. The project has forked off to xinha, though "(X)inha (I)s (N)ot (H)tml(A)rea" (see http://xinha.gogo.co.nz/cgi-bin/trac.cgi for more information).

Alternatively, consider the other prominent alternatives like fckeditor or tinymce. I'd personally suggest xinha, though.
Actually HTMLAREA 3.0 has been picked up by another company. You can find more information here:

http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/

Quote:
I didn't know there was still a market for CMS, particularly with the large stream of open source projects online today.
There is a market for a managed solution for companies that do "web design" but don't necessarily do programming. Or for web design companies that would rather not worry about an open-source solution that MIGHT do what they want or if it doesn't, they don't have anyone to really call.

Old

The HTMLArea module is headed towards the xinha "upgrade." Hey, no more .js files by default!

Regardless, unless you've really spent a long time fixing those bugs in HTMLArea we all hate, I'd suggest going with the greatly improved xinha module.

Just out of curiousity, is there any issue over the sale of code protected by BSD licensing? I've never really sat down and checked out anything but GNU Public.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
The HTMLArea module is headed towards the xinha "upgrade." Hey, no more .js files by default!
Thanks, we will definitely look though it.

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, is there any issue over the sale of code protected by BSD licensing? I've never really sat down and checked out anything but GNU Public.
Not to my knowledge. We aren't technically selling it, it just a included in the code that we are selling.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Drupal Tells Users to Assume Drupal 7 Websites are Compromised Web Hosting News 2014-10-30 10:14:12
Acquia Signs Deal with Australian Government to Provide Drupal GovCMS Web Hosting News 2014-09-15 11:29:59
Apple to Build Content Delivery Network: Reports Web Hosting News 2014-02-04 09:26:34
Managed Host Tenzing Partners with Sitecore on E-commerce Hosting Tools Web Hosting News 2013-02-04 10:00:51
Open Source Content Management System Joomla Surpasses 36 Million Downloads Web Hosting News 2012-11-29 16:38:54