Message Board Help :)

Hey all,

We just migrated over to a new place to host our server and we need to reconfigure a whole bunch of stuff.

For some reason, the old YABB board dosn't want to work at the new place, so we installed PHPBB instead. Now we've just got to figure out how to get the data from the old board to the new one.

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished? We're using the latest board version...

Thanks
    Neil

there's a yabb 1.3.1 converter available at the bottom of http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

OK, I found it, but now I'm getting this erro when I try to transfer the info. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: fopen(/domains/ghostbustershq.com/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb/Members/Members/memberlist.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shredder/domains/ghostbustershq.com/public_html/phpbb/convert/convert.php on line 136
    !Cannot open Members/memberlist.txt. Make sure the file exists, and be sure you entered the right YaBB install dir on the previous page!

I know the file is there because I've seen it myself

Looks like you have one too many /Members/ in that path. Try removing one from the end of the variable.

Make sure that is the correct path in the configuration file.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Yep, I figured out that I had the wrong path in the configuraiton file . Now it's transfering te data, but the connection indicator seems to have stalled halfway. I'm going to give it an hour and see what happens..

OK, it finally went thhrough. But nothing seemed to stick. It's the same old board with no old posts. Even though the conversion script said finished.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

NEver mind, got it all worked out . More by luck than by skill