Zervex's DSM Free Control Panel

Hi,

Who among you have installed Zervex's Dedicated Server Manager Online Control Panel (Free)? We just installed for a client and I think this is pretty damn good for a free control panel! I really don't know about some other functionalities, coz I haven't explored it yet... just checked the installation and it is excellent. It is installing the basic services, unlike other free control panel which are just "gui" and you still need to install the services manually...

What do you think? Their website is http://www.zervex.com

I know this control panel is quite old, and haven't tried it really before.

Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Zervex is not bad actually. Last time their price is expensive and later due to the responce is not that good, they offer free version and reduce their price.

What a pity is that directadmin has swept the most orders by offerring only $9.90 for admin, reseller and client version, compared to Zervex, you got to pay $39.90. So many datacenters take directadmin due to the datacenter does not need to bear minimum bulk license.

Zervex can't make a hit due to wrong marketing strategy, based on my opinion. You can't charge high when you are new in the market. I would suggest them to follow DirectAdmin's pricing strategy in order for it to survive.

Yes,

finally a decent control panel at a reasonnable price.

TR

Zervex can't make a hit due to wrong marketing strategy, based on my opinion. You can't charge high when you are new in the market. I would suggest them to follow DirectAdmin's pricing strategy in order for it to survive.
    Don't give up your day job to become a business advisor - DSM has been around for a few years and are not "New"
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

So many bugs there...

I've been using it for a few months with a select few clients that have requested it and have had no issues thus far. A breeze to install and clients absolutely love the simpleness and general ease of use.

Sadly it doesn't support Debian.
    DevOps!

Originally posted by Canglan
    Sadly it doesn't support Debian.
    Well.. not to put debian down, but they've not been exactly on par now have they. Thats not to say the distro isn't a rock solid distro, but exceptional, it is not. Perhaps ubuntu support I could see, but debian, heck.. the downward spiral they've taken, it just doesn't seen as though porting a product such as this would be worth all the hard work. Sure sarge rc5 hit the shelves, sure, i think the forks have given them reason and perhaps ( at least hopefully ) a kick in the arse. Im a great fan of ubuntu, I think its picked up where debian left off, and since debian left off a while ago, I'd say ubuntu deserve a lot of credit ( a lot more than they are getting ) for the work thats been put into it.

I do see your point, but if you have a look at the product itself ( dsm ), its pretty much built around the redhat OS ( forgive me if incorrect, this is from my own experience ) and would perhaps work with debian, but the challenge of porting, I fear anyways, would be rather useless.

My 2 cents. I just can't justify using debian in a production environment, though I could definitly concur that it has its place. Frustration frustration.. GO UBUNUTU!!!

ps. For those non linux fanatics, ubuntu is based off of the debian distro, but a much more up to date, and secure, and IMHO much better in use in a production environment than debian, the godfather.

That said.. GOD SAVE DEBIAN!

I agree with you, Ubuntu is a great distro. I use it at home. However, when we are talking about server environment, stability is everything. Ubuntu's up to date packages and a rather short release cycle make it not as stable as debian IMO.
    DevOps!