Lightbulb MNA case study // Cheif strategists welcome :)

We run a company (Company A) that serves around 30,000 web-hosting customers. We are currently acquiring another hosting company (Company B), serving around 40,000 web hosting customers.

Average monthly client base growth:
    A=1500 customers
    B=2500 customers

Company A is offering cPanel-based web-hosting
    Company B is using their own control panel, which seems to be stable enough, but obviously not as rich in functions

Both companies are located in a european country, operating in two major cities under two different brands.
    Company A operates in city X
    Company B operates in city Y

Each company holds a stake of around 1-1.5% of the market. Both are in the top-20.

Qualified advise on how you thing this acquisition should be performed and presented to the market would be very appreciated.

No ideas at all guys? How do you think we should go about merging them companies A + B and sustain current growth rates?

I think the dilemma is that anyone with the experience and qualifications to give a meaningful response to such a touchy business scenario, is likely also in a position to scoop up about 40k new customers when you boff it (the merger).

Best of luck to you though!

Goleta, CA
    I would leave company B's infrastructure intact and then have all new sign ups for company B use company A's servers and control panels. A lot of the mistakes and loss of clients occurs when a company tries to migrate things to their own systems thus breaking what isn't broken.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?