Do you own an image host?

I'm not sure where to post this.. but I'll give this forum a shot. A few days ago at home I got one of those "Missing Children" pamphlets and it got me to thinking. Quite a few image hosting sites I know of will eventually serve up lots of "Bandwidth Exceeded" images with their domain name in them or whatnot. I do the same thing. My idea here, is why not do something a little more useful with that opportunity for exposure.

I wrote missingkids.org this morning to ask if it would be alright to use some of these chlidren's pictures and information to serve up instead if just "Bandwidth Exceeded - sitename.com". I think it'd be a great idea to get these missing kids cases an enormous amount of exposure, and at no real expense to us. Who knows.... it could make a difference.

I'll let you all know what response I recieve from missingkids.org. I might write a few other sites as well.

Regards,
    Mike Bell

its a good idea. but there are oficial organizations doing official registers of missing kids.

it will be impossible to do this kind of thing on a small scale.

but u never know, anything is worth trying.

one more thing check who owns www.missingkids.com if they are doing a similar site, then you might be braking trademark or copyright laws, by using missingkids.org

Im liking this idea... please get in touch when you know more.
    Turn My Text - ¡spuǝıɹɟ ʞooqǝɔɐɟ ɹnoʎ ǝzɐɯɐ puɐ ǝsnɟuoɔ

Computer Game Cheats & Codes

Good and noble cause.

To simplify it, maybe talk to them about creating a code snippet that people could use to plug into their sites, such as in your idea above so that it is always using their up to date database to rotate pictures.

Downside for them would be additional BW usage... but if it saved one child it would be worth it.

Good Luck.

Still no word from the site I contacted. I'll try emaliing another site or two. It did look like there are tons of rules regarding the use of this type of thing. Sounds like the snippet idea might be good. I'll update this thread as I find out more about what we can/can't do...
    Michael B

i bet you will have to register as some sort of an organisation. its a lot of dedicated hard work.

unless you just display live data from other big sites.

I would be willing to do thst.