Load-balancing solutions?

One of the companys I work with has been seriously affected by DDOS attacks over the past days (different approaches),

I would like to know what providers do you guys recommend that can provide security & load-balancing solutions.

Thanks in advance.

i would say http://www.theplanet.com
    has the best network protaction and great offers

ThePlanet is totally out of question since their flood of problems and subpar support aren't what these people are looking for

to get a better answer it would help everyone if you gave some more information on what you want to do with load balancing - that is a big area.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

There aren't that many providers out there who can do load balancing. Are you looking for geographic load balancing as well, or just a relatively simple clustered setup?

Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

The problem is that this company seems to be targetted of DDOS attacks, the idea is to be able to provide alternative gateways.

sailor & SMachiz - something "simple" to allow to "resist" to DDOS attacks in a better way

Originally posted by Rui
    The problem is that this company seems to be targetted of DDOS attacks, the idea is to be able to provide alternative gateways.

sailor & SMachiz - something "simple" to allow to "resist" to DDOS attacks in a better way
    Sure - this will work better for DOS attacks that are not sheer volume. With a load balanced setup, generally there's a set of Directors that handle incoming traffic and assigning it to the correct node in the cluster. If your DDOS consists of more than a gigabit of traffic, it has the potential to bring down your cluster anyway. It realy depends a lot on how the DDOS is designed.

Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

SMachiz - do you use icq m8, would really appreciatte talking to somebody in this market about this.

With any decent sized DDoS a load-balancing setup is not going to help you out all that much. I would look for a provider that specializes in DDoS migration.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    With any decent sized DDoS a load-balancing setup is not going to help you out all that much. I would look for a provider that specializes in DDoS migration.
    The idea was have both

I've been racking my brain, but there is at least one company out there who specializes in mitigating DoS and DDoS attacks. They act as a proxy in an outsourced service-type fashion. You can colo your boxes at their datacenter, or you can keep your boxes where they are and run all of your b/w through them. They then proxy the good traffic to your box. It's an interesting idea. Maybe someone can remember the name.

Jon

I 2nd on gigeservers there support services and protection is the best iv ever seen from any hosting company

our server used to get ddosed on a weekly bases with other providers then we moved to gigeservers and all the downtime due to ddos disapeared not 1 ms lag even during a direct 1.3Gbit ddos attack on our server

there support... well you cant beat it they have phone e-mail ticket and direct live support via irc