Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

dotCanada.com buys AffordableHost?

I just received an email about this and I was curious if this was verified by any real Affordablehost customers. (Somehow I'm on the mailing list for these types of emails.)

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

I am a customer and yes it is true.

http://www.affordablehost.com/news/news_dotcanada.html
      0 Not allowed!

good luck on whatever is next, Tina!
      0 Not allowed!

It really a news for me. AH been taken over by dotCanada.!! Let's hope to get some more updates in this regards.

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    I prefer this URL, with my personal "farewell" at the bottom.

http://www.affordablehost.com/news/news_questions.htm

--Tina
    And there is jus a small mistake in the URL above. You can use the following url:-
    http://www.affordablehost.com/news/news_questions.html

Anyways it is a bit harsh to point it out as a mistake. But sorry for that
      0 Not allowed!

I prefer this URL, with my personal "farewell" at the bottom.

http://www.affordablehost.com/news/news_questions.html

--Tina
    I didn't think it appropriate for me to post that link... much better you post it than me.
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

Congratulations on the sale and good luck. Was axishost.com sold as well or that is still run by you?
      0 Not allowed!

We have been migrating to the AxisHOST.com brand for several months. We are keeping it.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. The guys at dotCanada are awesome...I'm very pleased they are taking over AffordableHOST.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Well that's a surprise. Good luck and congrats to all parties involved. It's not easy letting go of something you've put your heart and soul into.
      0 Not allowed!

Wishing you all the luck Tina and the entire AH team
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Well that's a surprise. Good luck and congrats to all parties involved. It's not easy letting go of something you've put your heart and soul into.
    Thanks, Bob. I've had several months to get used to the idea...but, like I told the new guys this morning, I feel like I'm leaving my kid with a babysitter for the first time.

I have every confidence they'll do just fine.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

I hope their promise of not-relocating holds good for the long term. It appears that most of their other stuff is in the NAC, which simply isn't want we want for our sites at AH.

Apart from that, I can find very little on dotCanada. Here's hoping that they don't let standards slip, or start to cut corners, which we see all to often following acquisitions.

For Tina... congratulations.... I suspect you deserve the rest! Best of luck in whatever you do next.
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy

I must say i'm kind of disappointed.

I've been a 3+ years AH client and was satisfied for the most part of it. I recently made a new step forward by buying a server of my own at AH.

If I understand well, A(ffordable)HOST becomes dotCanada, who brings its own team, when A(xis)HOST becomes Tina's new startup.

Well, the last bill I paid was to AxisHOST, so I want to stay with Tina AND her support team.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to jump to a totally unknown wagon. If it appears I can't stay with Tina('s team), I'll probably move elsewhere, but really don't have the time right now to relocate the 20+ sites I had on my server.

One think I liked with AH is that they only provided Linux solutions. Now we have a company that uses Linux as well as Win 2003. I know my server won't be affected by Windows, but it makes me feel incomfortable, for personal and political reason, to be hosted by people who are not 100% commited to Linux.

Are other AH customer in the same boat than me? Do you also fear for you hosting future?
      0 Not allowed!

i agree with you majortom..i actually have a ded server as well but i have kept the main sites with affordablehost..now i am thinking my strategy again..i have no idea what dotcanada is all about..tina was definately the most hard working person i have seen in the web hosting industry no doubt about that..not to mention the whole staff with her is actually knowledgeable as opposed to some other companies trying to make money only..
      0 Not allowed!

4 months later, I'm passed around again!

First hometownhosting gets passed to affordable host and now 4 months later I'm passed around again. This time to a canadian company called dotcanada. This can only mean grey clouds ahead.

I give up!!

Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Hello matcollins,

this is one of the facets of business and cannot be avoided. You can only hope the new owners will be good as the previous ones.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm really hoping they're better. They've had me on a duff server since I signed up and have been unable to fix it.
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't be too hasty to press the panic button. By the looks of things, the new AH owners will be keeping things pretty much as they are, but I'm sure there will be changes/improvements along the way, naturally.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by majortom
    [B]I must say i'm kind of disappointed.

I've been a 3+ years AH client and was satisfied for the most part of it. I recently made a new step forward by buying a server of my own at AH.

If I understand well, A(ffordable)HOST becomes dotCanada, who brings its own team, when A(xis)HOST becomes Tina's new startup.

Well, the last bill I paid was to AxisHOST, so I want to stay with Tina AND her support team.[B]
    You should have rec'd an email last month telling you that all dedicated/colo customers were moved to our AxisHOST.com brand. You are still with "Tina and team" and nothing will change for you. This purchase doesn't affect you at all.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Not happy about this in the least.
      0 Not allowed!

You should have rec'd an email last month telling you that all dedicated/colo customers were moved to our AxisHOST.com brand. You are still with "Tina and team" and nothing will change for you.
    Ok, me being curious and all.

So the sale is only AH's shared client base, while you moved the colo/ded clients over to AxisHost.com, that will continue to be operated from your existing AH facility?

Will dotcanada continue to use your facility where those AH shared servers are currently located?
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, me being curious and all.

So the sale is only AH's shared client base, while you moved the colo/ded clients over to AxisHost.com, that will continue to be operated from your existing AH facility?

Will dotcanada continue to use your facility where those AH shared servers are currently located?
    Yes, exactly. The AxisHOST focus will be on dedicated/colo/high-end hosting and also on our local market a bit more. This change is going to allow me some much needed rest.

dotCanada will keep the existing AffordableHOST servers right where they are (most are at our datacenter, some are at Equinix in Virginia). They are not moving the servers or the customers.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

. . . This change is going to allow me some much needed rest.
    Sook.

/me runs like buggery . . .
      0 Not allowed!

Sook.

Had to look that one up!

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Oops, aussie slang alert. It jesting for wimp.

Heavens knows why you would be wanting a rest after 7 years of constant pressure in this business.
      0 Not allowed!

Congrats Tina, now go sleep!

7 years is enough for anyone! O' to the day we sell up shop! Wait im only 23!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast