Free Opera V7.54 License

Don't know how many of you here use opera [I don't]
    But here you go:

Enter code OJD000MN to get Opera Browser v7.54 for free. An email with the license key will be sent. Final v8.0 is out but the license only works on v7.54 or v8.0 beta.

http://www.opera.com/ct-magazin/

Let me add another freebie:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/Default.aspx

Free Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
    Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 is a major milestone on our way to the release of the next generation of Visual Studio products. Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 is now available to MSDN Subscribers through the MSDN Download Center and to all others for a nominal fee.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was wishing for-a free Opera license! (Downloading now...)
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

Once you have an Opera licence you can upgrade to Opera 8 over the top of 7.54. It will then be automatically licenced.

Opera 8 is VERY good.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

From my personal experience and many others (in another forum) I doubt it. It does work for opera 8 beta, but not on the final.

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    Once you have an Opera licence you can upgrade to Opera 8 over the top of 7.54. It will then be automatically licenced.

Opera 8 is VERY good.

Doc

I fisrt tried the post for opera 8, downloaded it, saw the ad, and uninstalled it. When I installed this licensed version, it was MUCH better =]

Also, i LOVE the fullscreen feature, unlike Firefox, it has no bar on top <3<3<3

This might just replace my FF =p

Doc- can you elaborate on how that's done?
    Last edited by Oakii; 04-20-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

I had Opera 7.54 installed on my computer, which I had upgraded from Opera 7. I download Opera 8. When I started to install Opera 8 it told me that there was already a version of Opera installed in the default folder and ask if I wanted to install in that folder anyway or install in a new folder. I elected to install in the default folder.

When the installation was finished all my setting, bookmarks etc were intact. When I checked "about Opera" I got this.

Version 8.0
    Build 7561
    Platform Win32
    System Windows XP

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4
    XHTML+Voice Plug-in not loaded
    Registration information
    Registered Yes
    Name Laurie Hill
    Organization Doctor Hill Computers

So as you can see my licence was fine.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I cannot believe some people ... what on earth is wrong with paying a small amount for such a great program?

And you can still use Opera 8 totally free ... just with a tiny advertisement in the corner which you don't even notice when browsing!

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    I had Opera 7.54 installed on my computer, which I had upgraded from Opera 7. I download Opera 8. When I started to install Opera 8 it told me that there was already a version of Opera installed in the default folder and ask if I wanted to install in that folder anyway or install in a new folder. I elected to install in the default folder.

When the installation was finished all my setting, bookmarks etc were intact. When I checked "about Opera" I got this.

Version 8.0
    Build 7561
    Platform Win32
    System Windows XP

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4
    XHTML+Voice Plug-in not loaded
    Registration information
    Registered Yes
    Name Laurie Hill
    Organization Doctor Hill Computers

So as you can see my licence was fine.

Doc
    Opera charges you $15 to upgrade. I just tried it with Opera 8, and I still had the ad displayed in the corner.
    - Matt

Originally posted by Anjay
    I cannot believe some people ... what on earth is wrong with paying a small amount for such a great program?

And you can still use Opera 8 totally free ... just with a tiny advertisement in the corner which you don't even notice when browsing!
    Maybe because there are other programs better for free?

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Maybe because there are other programs better for free?
    But surely if there were other browsers which are better than Opera and are free, they would use that instead of trying to get a free license for Opera so they can use it without advertisements?

Originally posted by Anjay

Wow, you are complaining?
    I provided a coupon code which was given by the company itself.
    I provided it for the folks at WHt, and you complain?
    Uggh...

ilyash,

I'm not complaining. No, please don't misunderstand me.
    My post wasn't aimed at you.

I fisrt tried the post for opera 8, downloaded it, saw the ad, and uninstalled it. When I installed this licensed version, it was MUCH better =]
    This is more what I was complaining at. The fact that some people are not willing to pay for a decent program. Not forgetting Opera costs barely anything.

Hope this clears it up.

I got the free key, and was able to upgrade to Opera 8 for $18. It's a good way of getting Opera 8 nice and cheap
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.