Best free control panel?

I'm looking to cut down costs on my montly payment on my server by using a free control panel, can any of you recommend some to me? Thanks in advance!

A Few i know of;

Webmin - (www.webmin.com)
    Usermin - (www.usermin.com)
    Web://CP - (www.web-cp.net)
    VHCS - (www.vhcs.net)
    Zpanel - (www.zpanel.com)

I recommend Web://CP Or VHCS!

Thanks cxuk! I'm looking very closely into wev://CP and VHCS. Do any of these have any supported script installers similar to fantastico or installatron?

Direct Admin is the best!

- Cheap
    - Light
    - Fast
    - Supported by a grat community
    - Stable
    - Free updates and upgrades
    - Customisable
    - Easy to use
    - Complete
    - Nice
    - YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL LOVE IT!
    .:. Enterprise SAN Consultant .:.

Originally posted by cxuk
    A Few i know of;

Webmin - (www.webmin.com)
    Usermin - (www.usermin.com)
    Web://CP - (www.web-cp.net)
    VHCS - (www.vhcs.net)
    Zpanel - (www.zpanel.com)

I recommend Web://CP Or VHCS!
    I tend to like vhcs because it has most of the things people needs, i didnt try web://cp yet but i plan on doing it, both of them are great, i like vhcs because i has admin/reseller/user groups, and stats, they have a file manager/web mail, i just think its getting better every day... only thing is it is kind of hard to install on some os's many use apt-get to install or install manually...

Originally posted by edelweisshosting
    Direct Admin is the best!

- Cheap
    - Light
    - Fast
    - Supported by a grat community
    - Stable
    - Free updates and upgrades
    - Customisable
    - Easy to use
    - Complete
    - Nice
    - YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL LOVE IT!
    Thanks, I already am using direct admin right now.. it adds a $15 a month cost to my server and I'm exercising other options to lower the cost.

You can buy a life time licence for $80. $15 a month is too much for Direct Admin.
    .:. Enterprise SAN Consultant .:.

There is another one you would like to check gplhost controlpanel.

The open-source CP from gplhost is called Domain Techology Controll. The url is http://www.gplhost.com/?rub=softwares&sousrub=dtc

Originally posted by edelweisshosting
    You can buy a life time licence for $80. $15 a month is too much for Direct Admin.
    where can you get it for $80?

Originally posted by jt2377
    where can you get it for $80?
    yes, i'd like to know. on the website it shows the lifetime license at $299

Hi !

You can have a look into:

http://www.gplhost.com/?rub=softwares&sousrub=dtc

This project is already widely known, Apple Europe wants it for Mac OS X (they have contacted me already and lent me a iMac), and it's running on all major Unix (but not windows yet).

I'm adding features everyday, like Freeradius compatibility this week (thank you Darel, for this one).

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Hi Thomas,

DTC is a great project, I've been chasing it ever since I first found it out in WHT couple of months ago. However what makes me not choose DTC is that, the interface is not nice enough. So I might need to choose VHCS, since it has a nicer gui. My clients are mainly based in Asia, a control panel with nice gui will make things much more easier and effective.

I'll still be watching the project closely. Keep the good work up mate!
    DevOps!

Hi !

Are you talking about the poor graphics inside my panel? What is "nice" for you? (it can have many meanings...)

If you need something for asiatic people, you'd be glad to read that my panel is translated to simplyfied chinese. About the fact it's hugly, I'm aware of that already. The only problem is that it's the only thing I'm could manage to do myself. But what do your users really expect? Have a nice interface or have a lot of features?

Can I recall you that the project is opensource, that it's totally skinable and that you can send me a nice skin?

By the way, I'm working on that GFX issue, as you are not the only one complaining about it. A friend on mine MIGHT do it.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Hi Thomas,

I guess my clients are more likely want a nicer interface rather than powerful features. You might want to have a look at http://www.vhcs.net, there's an online demo with screenshots available. And also Direct Admin, I like those simple, clean design.

Yes I aware it is an open source project, however sorry for my selfishness but I currently have no spare time to work on skinning. But yeah, I might be able to some time later.
    DevOps!

You are not the only one foccussing on graphics. A friend told me he will have a look and try to make a new skin, improove the menu, and review the overall graphics in my project. In terms of usability, I really hate the way cPanel/VHCS/Plesk shows a very big menu, but it's a mater of tastes.

Thomas

gplhost, those menues could be arranged better, but it saves on the page loading time. [ie, you load one page, instead of having to load five -- best for newbies who need to orient themselves, and people on low-bandwidth connections]