Would you buy a nonunique template?

There are alot of great sites that offer tamplates. Most of the time you pay 10x more for a unique template. It is a good solution for a starting company with a small web budget.

Would you advise a small company to buy one?

I would rather get a unique, there are some that charge just as much a buying the nonunique template. Post a request in the templates forum.

Steveo, I'm sorry to go off topic here, but the "Website of the Month" on your webpage... WTF??!??!

It gave me a good laugh at least

Haha, that is funny! Anyways, I would use a non-unique template depending on the type of site I was creating (for adsense or to sell a product that didn't need anything elaborate) but for my own projects that I invest heavily in, then all templates are out of the question!

Originally posted by en2
    Steveo, I'm sorry to go off topic here, but the "Website of the Month" on your webpage... WTF??!??!

It gave me a good laugh at least
    Not to be mean, but the website of the month is a bit of a sad effort for a band. Perhaps they should buy a non-unique template (seriously).

Cheaper...

ask someone to make you one: rentacoder.com

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

They email me if they want to be on it, and they can. Their quite an interesting band, so id say the site fits them.

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    They email me if they want to be on it, and they can. Their quite an interesting band, so id say the site fits them.
    No problem, and I'm especially glad to see you have a good sense of humor.

Thank you, I will look at rentacoder.com

Not in a million years. I'd pay for a site or just the template and make sure I have all rights on it. Fortunatelly I make my templates and also offer some uniques. I think it's a huge mistake to have a site that looks just like other 100.

Having people make me one cost me more than I can spend.

What is your advise on using a template till I have the buget for a uniqe one?

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    No problem, and I'm especially glad to see you have a good sense of humor.
    I'd say he definately has to, to place a website on his front page with content such as "Insert all of camerons info here please, then ram me from behind with your meat."

I'm almost positive that's place holder content... ... right?

Anyway, as far as the topic goes, there's nothing wrong with unique templates if you feel that it matches what you're looking for. However, don't be discouraged if you don't find something. You should never 'settle' on something you aren't completely happy with.

Originally posted by Johnburk
    Having people make me one cost me more than I can spend.

What is your advise on using a template till I have the buget for a uniqe one?
    One of the great quotes of our ages comes from the beloved Vito:

"I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things"
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design