View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northtrex

3 50.00%
  • AddAction

3 50.00%

So I told my past host I wanted to cancel...

...and they offered to match the deal given by my new host.

Now I'm confused as to which one I should go with.
    1) Northtrex - my new host: willing to work with me, and is currently being used, so no downtime, etc.
    2) AddAction - former host: been around for a much longer time, but strict on pricing, etc. but willing to give me some bonuses like IP address and shell access.

What should I do?

Why were you going to cancel in the first place?

We personally don't price match and I don't think it's a sound business policy.

I agree. If you were just going to move because of price, consider whether your former host's price was worth paying for the service you received. cheaper is not always, and usually is not, better.

If you've had no problems with your host, then I don't see the purpose in moving all your data. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by blue27
    Why were you going to cancel in the first place?

We personally don't price match and I don't think it's a sound business policy.
    Well I had set up a new domain with Northtrex and have been testing them out for two months or so now, and have been satisified enough to get rid of my old domain which is hosted with AddAction.

Originally posted by ZapX Technologies
    I agree. If you were just going to move because of price, consider whether your former host's price was worth paying for the service you received. cheaper is not always, and usually is not, better.

If you've had no problems with your host, then I don't see the purpose in moving all your data. Just my opinion.
    Well I haven't had any problems with Northtrex (new host) for about 2 months now but I haven't had any problems with AddAction for the entire time I've been hosting with them - which is really long. Their price was worth paying because their service is really good, but now I need more space so I wouldn't mind having them price match the new host.

Then it is obvious. Stick with your new host and say Goodbye to your old. It is a business relationship and there is no fear in breaking ties when it is not favorable to you.

Moving sites around is not going to be a fun thing then you probably would alienate your new host which is good to you. I believe you moved from the former for a reason, stick your ground.

I tried to cancel with an old host once (will not mention name) but they attempted to bill my credit card one last time for a early termination when I had no contract. Others have left my vacant accounts active even though I don't use them any more.

AJPatel,

If your old host was flawless for a long time - stick with the old.
    Definitely no reason to sever ties with a host that is doing the job right for something 'new', solely because it's 'new'.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I believe he has already moved to his new host which he has been using for 2 months.

If you feel real confident that your new host can provide good uptime and your expectation of service, then move.

I had no complaints with my old host, but because after 2 years I needed bigger diskspace and data-transfer at the same price, I moved into my new host. It has been 6 months now and no problems.

Remember: There are some hosts that charge more for same service.