game server control panel - how to?

Anyone have information on how to control a process start/stop from webpage? Plus editing cfg files etc. I see plenty of tutorials in the tutorial forum for cpanels but nothing that really touches on this aspect.

You can look into PHP's "system();" functions for executing special pre-made scripts on your server that start/stop the game.

Editing config files isn't too hard, you should be able to read CPanel's tutorials and modify it a smidge to fit your needs.

cool a starting point lol. I was wondering where to start. Anyone else have some more tips?

Anyone else with any more info?

Windows or Linux hosting?
    Last edited by TCA; 04-21-2005 at 12:51 AM.

I prefer linux

We personally use TCAdmin. We're hosting about 400 servers on windows 2003 using that control panel. It helps out tons, and it includes some pretty nifty features. Including a Game Setup automation system, patch system and of course your basic features like file manager and stop/start/restart.

It's quite reasonably priced too

Link: http://www.tcadmin.com

Out of all the control panels available right now this one by fair takes the cake.

Thanks,
    Jon Biloh

Originally posted by GotGameServers
    I prefer linux

I guess you could code your own. There are a few out there for NIX. Try a google on the subject, I am sure you can find a nix solution.

Thats what I had in mind, not renting one but just coding some basic start/stop/restart + edit configs type of thing. Tcadmin looks nice and pricing isnt bad but no linux support is silly. lol.

Anyone have information on how to control a process start/stop from webpage? Plus editing cfg files etc. I see plenty of tutorials in the tutorial forum for cpanels but nothing that really touches on this aspect.

Originally posted by InfexionKen
    If you browse around on the CPanel forums(dunno if you have CPanel installed) there is a game server addon for CPanel...

You have to have cpanel installed. Here is the link to some more infomation.

cPanelGS

Originally posted by GotGameServers
    Thats what I had in mind, not renting one but just coding some basic start/stop/restart + edit configs type of thing. Tcadmin looks nice and pricing isnt bad but no linux support is silly. lol.
    Whats silly is waiting months for a linux patch or port over for mainstream games

Well yeah there is that lol. But still - hl/hl and the variants thereof (cs etc) has the majority share of servers out there and they run on linux lol.

In 2 years I have had a person order something other than cs/ns/etc maybe like 3 times that I would have needed a windows box.