Question Bind fails very often

We have faced to the huge problem with BIND. It is going to be down very often.

I'm receiving this message from cpanel every 1 hour:
    bind failed @ Tue Apr 19 10:07:01 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.

Server configuration:
    RH 3
    Latest Cpanel release

Please help.

Thank you!
    Whoever wants everything has nothing

Sounds like cron.hourly is trying to do something with Bind that's causing a restart.

You may want to consider switching to djbdns. It's lightweight, fast, more secure, and restarts itself automatically thanks to daemontools that runs alongside it.

Donboy, thank you for your response! I will check cron.

Is it possible to swith for djbdns on cpanel servers?
    Whoever wants everything has nothing

Check the /var/log/messages log file during the time of BIND down and check for any zone related errors..
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

>> Is it possible to swith for djbdns on cpanel servers?

Doubt it. Depends on how "married" to cpanel you are. djbdns is probably not supported by cpanel, but i could be wrong. The good news is, djbdns is pretty self-sufficient. You won't need to mess with it too much after you get it running. Only you'll need to add new domains later using the command line.