New York

CDG Commerce - Pre Auth

I was curious if anybody has any experience with CDG Commerce's Pre Auth feature.

What I'd like to do is to pre-auth a new client for $1 (or so) when he signs up, just to get their credit card information on file and then charge him $x in 30 days (and every month after that).

I'm aware of their "recurring billing" feature, but I can't figure out how to tie in the pre-auth and recurring together.

Any thoughts?

- AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

Chesapeake, VA
    Hi Boris,

Not sure if you posted this before or after my support ticket response, but the iTransact gateway preauth feature can be initiated by including this line of HTML:

<input type=hidden name=preauth value=1>

If you do that in any HTML order form using the HTML API, whether it is a "one-shot" sale or a recurring sale using the iTransact recurring billing system... it will make the first transaction an auth-only sale.

The temporary auth will automatically be dropped off within 7-14 days in most cases with the exact "drop off" time set by each individual issuing bank.

Any subsequent recurring transactions that are run will be processed as Sales (not Pre-Auth) transactions.

Hope that info helps! - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at - we look forward to helping your business grow!