location location location

If I were to start a web hosting buisness, where would be the best place to get dedicated servers from? (im mostly talking about location, but any hardware spec recommendations or provider recommendations would be helpful)

Where does your target market live?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

If it is just pure web hosting and your market is the US then anywhere in the US should not be the problem. It is technically the center of the cyberspace, where the theortical internet backbone resides.

If you are targetting Asia then anything in the US West Coast, Singapore or Hong Kong might not be a bad place.

If you are targetting Europe then anything in the US East Coast, Germany or the UK.

If it will be a general audience than somewhere in Central US would do the trick, probably one which is away from the hurricane, earthquake fault lines and so on. Texas isn't too bad a choice.

do you think layeredtech would be a good solution for webhosting?

So far they came out as pretty good as an unmanaged hosting solution. Do a Search, you should find some threads around about them.

Originally posted by v3|dark

I am with them currently, their support is phenomenal....I would defiantely recommend them

Originally posted by v3|dark
    Please understand that I am not saying this to be mean, I am just trying to give my two cents and take it as such.

Layered Tech is great to work with (both from reviews on this forum and personal experience) and you get a lot more than you pay for when you go with thim; however, you seem to have very little knowledge of running and managing a dedicated server. That is perfectly alright though! You do not need that to open up a webhosting business. I would highly recommend that since this is the case, you look into either hiring a third party admin to take care of your server, or seek another dedicated provider that offers managed solutions.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

of coarse, I just handle financial issues. I have multiple servertech's on hand that will handle support

I recommend 15minuteservers.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM HOSTCREATIONS, INTERSERVER, THE PLANET AND SERVER MATRIX

Originally posted by redundanthost
    I recommend 15minuteservers.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM HOSTCREATIONS, INTERSERVER, THE PLANET AND SERVER MATRIX

I think you made your point about who 'you' think is not good.. Let's drop it now it's getting annoying to see every post with your comments..

Lose your money and dont tell me you wont complain.

I'm quite sure there are other ways for you to vent your frustration.. Spamming every topic just makes you look like a kid throwing a tantrum..

If you would like to start a thread explaining what your issue is I am sure it would be well received by the nice folks here. and may help others avoid what you are going through.. But spamming will most likely get you banned... Take your pick.

im letting everyone know my issue. I dont like being scammed

Just to add, it would probably make you look bad in front of your current and potential clients. If there is any issues, work it out privately. if you need an avenue to vent then start a thread to state all the relevant facts and be sure that you can handle any rebuttal or criticisms.

Besides, this sort of like derails the threads. No one mentioned anything about those hosts you state and if you have a statement like 'stay away from ....' make sure that you have solid explanation as to why you should avoid them and what they have done to you. Without which, it could just seems like some competitor crying wolf.

this is completely personal. Has nothing to do with our company. Its a personal server we spend good money on.

You associate your company name with the post by putting your signature and you do not state why you think they are bad and apart from you, it is easy to think that it is attacking your competitors.

far from attacking "competitors". read the thread I made with my users responses as well and youll knwo im not attacking a "competitor"

Hey man we all have problems from time to time but you don't see respectable hosters running off to a message board and crying like a girl...

Get a grip on yourself.. Do you not see you are making a complete fool out yourself and your "Company".

Maybe you better think about a new name... Not so "redundant" are we?

its my personal server.

hostcreations
    should be hostsuicide or maybe a little of hostdestruction

Originally posted by redundanthost
    its my personal server.

hostcreations
    should be hostsuicide or maybe a little of hostdestruction
    Definatley redundant...maybe posting the actual problems in a clear and easy to read thread:

ie. DO NOT TALK LIKE THIS

would be a lot better than what would appear to be nothing more than a blind hatred towards a group of companies...

As far as it being a personal server or not, _if_ I was to order hosting from you, I would most likely look up as much about you as I can, and reading your posts gives me the impression that you are young and new to the hosting world, reguardless of the truth behind these facts that is the image I see when I read through your posts in this thread alone, and that would make me very gun shy about giving you my money.

Furthermore, you were good in recommending 15MS to the person, you were bad in telling him to stay far away from companies that were not mentioned in this thread at all. He did not ask for reviews on every company out there. I could tell him not to buy mobil gasoline because of an experience I had, but it wouldn't be anything more than spam.
    Mike from Zoodia.com