Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. Best Place to Advertise (New companies)

    I have a web-hosting company that I just made. Does anyone know where the best places to advertise are?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    494
    Ahh - the $64,000 question.

    In order to avoid being repetitive, I encourage you to check out the "Tutorials" section in this forum.

    Best of Luck!

    Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,192
    If we knew, would we tell you?
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    380
    uuuuu, I know the answer to that one. You can advertise on the internet...tsssss don't tell anybody though. It's a SECRET

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    555
    Originally posted by AgaBoogaBoo
    If we knew, would we tell you?
    of course...its only your money and time spent finding the best route to advertise. No biggie...

    After your done with the tutorial, do a search and find the other 500 threads just like this one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,579

  7. #7
    You could always try advertising with google? Pay Per Click?

    Or sponsoring websites with potential of becoming very popular?

    Good Luck
    • Dave || [email protected]
    • InnoHosting.com
    • Reliable hosting & reseller solutions
    • True 24x7x365 Tech Support

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,010
    My suggestion would be advertise everywhere EXCEPT the internet!!! Very cheap and I have found more results that way.

    Plus advertising on the net I find is like going to battle for the bottom feeders most of the time, you don't want to get the client's who want everything for nothing and there are still millions of people out there who are willing to pay a fair price for a good quality product.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,128
    I found this site where they tell you everywhere to advertise, click here .
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    380
    Good one

    I've heard about them.

  11. #11
    I am sorry to say but you are the guys who are really destroying this website. Though I realize that this question has been posted hundreds of times before, you don't need to be an *** about it. If you aren't going to answer their question, then don't post. Or once one person has mentioned that it has been said before and to search previous posts, then let it be said once. No one wants to hear everyone chiming in, "ya that’s a good site". That’s pointless, and just being a dick. Really, if what your posts arn't helpful, then don't post, its as simple as that. But if you want to know why its destroying this forum this is the reason. People come on here to learn about web hosting. and when you post dumb stuff like "good one". People get board of reading stupid posts and move on. Also ironically you are destroying the idea that you are trying to protect. This thread will become one of the ones people will see when they search. And once they find a thread that says "help with advertising" they will end up just seeing people being there normal condescending selves, complaning about how the question has been asked before, and leave this forum none the more educated. Pretty much my point being

    STOP POSTING "GOOD ONE" AND "I FOUND THIS COOL SITE" THAT LINKS TO THE SEARCH, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, YOUR NOT 3 ANYMORE, GROW UP.
    TitanTutorials.com, Making Flash Tutorials Affordable Again, Always Up For Custom Jobs

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,192
    zildjian2000, just walk right by instead of creating a scene!

    Oh yeah, paragraphs are nice
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    555
    Originally posted by zildjian2000
    I am sorry to say but you are the guys who are really destroying this website. Though I realize that this question has been posted hundreds of times before, you don't need to be an *** about it. If you aren't going to answer their question, then don't post. Or once one person has mentioned that it has been said before and to search previous posts, then let it be said once. No one wants to hear everyone chiming in, "ya that’s a good site". That’s pointless, and just being a dick. Really, if what your posts arn't helpful, then don't post, its as simple as that. But if you want to know why its destroying this forum this is the reason. People come on here to learn about web hosting. and when you post dumb stuff like "good one". People get board of reading stupid posts and move on. Also ironically you are destroying the idea that you are trying to protect. This thread will become one of the ones people will see when they search. And once they find a thread that says "help with advertising" they will end up just seeing people being there normal condescending selves, complaning about how the question has been asked before, and leave this forum none the more educated. Pretty much my point being

    STOP POSTING "GOOD ONE" AND "I FOUND THIS COOL SITE" THAT LINKS TO THE SEARCH, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, YOUR NOT 3 ANYMORE, GROW UP.
    I count atleast 3 other threads just like this just on the first page of this forum. If people are too lazy to search through a few threads and do a little leg work themselves we could avoid this whole situation.

    If you dont like the way we post theres a little thing called the back button.

  14. #14
    AgaBoogaBoo, you have to understand that this is what every thread comes to, its annoying, and when I first started web hosting I learned nothing from this site because people just turning threads into flaming threads or just saying how the person needs to use the search button.

    as for Haddy I will tell you 4 reasons why you are wrong

    1. New stuff happens, new advertising techniques develop. Therefore it means that a new advertising thread needs to be created often

    2. If I wanted to read the same thing over and over again I would go take a course, there’s a reason this is a forum, so people can discuss things, even if they have been brought up before

    3. You obviously didn't read my entire post, though we find 3 threads on adverting they all end up like this thread. So they are pointless

    4. Just because something exists doesn't make it its fault. Its not the fault of the person posting that people flame him. Just because there are people alive, doesn't mean its there fault you kill them.


    I came to this website to learn new things, and tell other people things that I know. But instead I am met with "here's a good website" instead of any actual help. I am pissed because I'm not learning anything for the sole reason people out there decide that they have to comment on everything they don't like.
    TitanTutorials.com, Making Flash Tutorials Affordable Again, Always Up For Custom Jobs

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    661
    before asking this question as k if your site and systems well established to promote

  16. #16
    i gotta agree with zildjian2000. way too many cocky people here!

  17. #17
    Yea i agree dolay

    Probably the best advice anyone can give someone is to get established and have a well structured site. These reasons can either gain or lose you potential customers.

    My Advice get established have a well run respected site and then advertise.

    • Dave || [email protected]
    • InnoHosting.com
    • Reliable hosting & reseller solutions
    • True 24x7x365 Tech Support

  18. #18
    Its a little hard to understand, correct me if I am wrong, but I think it means that you need to make sure that everything is ready to promote. So if you start promoting, are you ready to get the traffic. Do you have enough space and bandwidth, is your website in good order. Pretty much its saying that make sure everything is ready to go.
    TitanTutorials.com, Making Flash Tutorials Affordable Again, Always Up For Custom Jobs

  19. #19
    Ah, ok... thanks for clearing that up for me

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    @ Work - Usually!
    Posts
    835
    Originally posted by saghir69
    i gotta agree with zildjian2000. way too many cocky people here!
    Amen - theres no harm in being polite.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    51
    My suggestion is to establish a monthly/quarterly budget and try different revenues. Track the traffic and conversions if possible and you can see what is working and what is not. Figure out your target cost per customer acquisition and you're set. Just pump more money into which venue is working better. Just remember that every venue has a unique group of audiences and to create your ads around it. Once you have a larger budget you can initiate a marketing campaign.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,192
    My compliments to zildjian2000!

    He did a very good job replying
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

  23. #23
    Originally posted by AgaBoogaBoo
    If we knew, would we tell you?
    I would certainly hope that you would. I cant understand why people are sometimes selfish with information, I never am. The pie is big enough for everyone who is serious about business.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    I cant understand why people are sometimes selfish with information, I never am.
    General information is one thing, but the truly valuable info is not shared: "We bid for the term "blue hosting" and we're getting a 10% signup rate. A click costs us only $0.10 on average, while the lifetime value of a customer averages $100. This is how we get great results from Google Adwords and Overture."

    You don't find this kind of info here, do you?

  25. #25
    Originally posted by ldcdc
    General information is one thing, but the truly valuable info is not shared: "We bid for the term "blue hosting" and we're getting a 10% signup rate. A click costs us only $0.10 on average, while the lifetime value of a customer averages $100. This is how we get great results from Google Adwords and Overture."

    You don't find this kind of info here, do you?
    No, we don't. Which was exactly my point .
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Well, do you share that kind of info?

    I don't blame you (or anyone) that you don't share it. It's normal that such vital and expensive information won't be shared for free, and most definitely not with your direct competitors.

    So we'll be always be repeating the same general and otherwise readily available advice.

  27. #27
    Go to Vbulletin.com, find SMALL forums with less than 1,000 members.
    Pay the admin $20/month and advertise a 468x60 banner.

  28. #28
    Originally posted by ldcdc
    Well, do you share that kind of info?

    I don't blame you (or anyone) that you don't share it. It's normal that such vital and expensive information won't be shared for free, and most definitely not with your direct competitors.

    So we'll be always be repeating the same general and otherwise readily available advice.
    Actually if I did know the answer to this question I surely would give the OP some guidance on the matter, but I myself am not too sure where to spend my advertising dollar.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

  29. #29
    Agreed, there is no right or wrong way to advertise.

    Basically you go with whatever seems right or whatever you can afford
    • Dave || [email protected]
    • InnoHosting.com
    • Reliable hosting & reseller solutions
    • True 24x7x365 Tech Support

  30. #30
    Originally posted by IH-Dave
    Agreed, there is no right or wrong way to advertise.

    Basically you go with whatever seems right or whatever you can afford
    Actually there is a right and wrong way to advertise, that much I do know. Simply going out and spending on whatever "seems right" could see you losing alot of money.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    534
    I have to admit that I get a little annoyed when I see these type of posts as well. Although I generally just tell the poster to do a search then come back with specific questions or clarification.

    This is my reason: Everyone wants to run a business but they can't even think of putting some basic time into learning HOW to run that business. You think you can just go to a forum and ask a blind question and have everyone just help you? Help yourself first and then others can help you move forward.

    I sometimes laugh when I see such posts "how do you start a business", "how do you advertise", bla bla bla. Do you know how many resources there are on the net to get such information? If you can't even take the time to educate yourself and find these basic answers then please don't run a business. No forum will run your business for you and education never stops.

    That's it; I don't believe people need to be rude but I can also understand why they might do it.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •