Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When Hotmail gonna 250 MB?

Can anybody tell when HOTMAIL gonna give 250 MB for free?

2 MB is really veryyyyyyy less! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail
    250MB
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Hopefully soon, I personally recommend Google Mail for free eMail at the moment. I am sure you could dig up an invite somewhere, if you want it that is.

I thought everyone had been upgraded on hotmail now?

My personal hotmail inbox has 250 mb.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

why would you still use hotmail when google is giving away 1gb and yahoo is about to give away 1gb as well..

I find hotmail to be very bloated. It's tooo graphical .. therefore very slow..
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

Oh! Not mine yet, its still 2 MB, and I badly want 250 MB .

Or just a favour that HOTAMIL route all my mails from HOTMAIL account to GMAIL automatically :-))

My girlfriend has never used more than 1mb and her's is already upgraded to 250mb, has been for some time.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by mantra
    why would you still use hotmail when google is giving away 1gb and yahoo is about to give away 1gb as well..

If you were referring to me, I use hotmail as it was the first e-mail account I aquired, it works fine for my needs..therefore no need for change and to spread the word about my new account
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I've had the 250mb for months now... strange some people have 2mb still, especially if they use it alot!

Gmail is actually giving out 2GB now.
    - Matt

@raghav

Change your country code into US and choose a state like CA or FL and within 1 week you get 25MB and within 30 days you get 250MB

Sites like Yahoo and hotmail are very smart...

they say we are upgrading, but only for those that do not use it much..

when they see someone is using it alot, they dont upgrade them..

most people who get upgrades are those who dont use it..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I have been with Hotmail since 98/99 and it would be a pain for me to change now (hundreds of contacts, e-mails and such) besides there is nothing amazing about having 1gig of space, I have 250mb and i'm only using 4% currently (half of those i'm about to delete anyway!).

Gmail is just a gimmick that has attracted alot of people, hotmail provides just as good service just with slightly less space. I give it a year and hotmail will upgrade their accounts again.

Regards.

Originally posted by raghav

Or just a favour that HOTAMIL route all my mails from HOTMAIL account to GMAIL automatically :-))
    You must be a non US resident. Most US accounts have been upgraded afaik
    ^_^

Originally posted by talkfreelance
    I have been with Hotmail since 98/99 and it would be a pain for me to change now (hundreds of contacts, e-mails and such) besides there is nothing amazing about having 1gig of space, I have 250mb and i'm only using 4% currently (half of those i'm about to delete anyway!).

Gmail is just a gimmick that has attracted alot of people, hotmail provides just as good service just with slightly less space. I give it a year and hotmail will upgrade their accounts again.

Regards.
    Gmail is no longer 1 GB, so Gmail beat Microsoft yet again. Once you've tried Gmail there is no need to go back to Hotmail.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

But the matter is that I dont wanna take the pain to tell everybody my new email address!

Just give me hotmail official ID, I wll tell them my prob :-))

dunno why its limited to US addresses to have 250mb

i thought discrimination ended back in the 80s ?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I have 2GB at MSN, had it longer than gmail by many months, in fact, my dsl has 10 email accounts at msn with 2GB each, and 1GB of file storage each.

Is there anyway to get more storage (ofcourse free of cost :-))??
    I am using this hotmail account for the last 5+ years and I dont want to change to gmail or any other... :-(

Is there anyway to get more storage (ofcourse free of cost :-))??
    I am using this hotmail account for the last 5+ years and I dont want to change to gmail or any other... :-(
    Figure a way to close your passport.net account, and re-instate it with an US, Spain address and it should work (Some friends have told me they got 25Mb the first month, and after that got 250Mb..)

I use my own mail servers and Gmail as a backup, I don't think I need my old hotmail back, it is just suscribed to some Mailing lists and that's it.
    ^_^

Originally posted by Bashar

I have heared that US has low speed internet connection compared to the rest of the world.

Here in The Netherlands the slowest connection you can get for home users is 512Kbit Down and 256Kbit UP. The fastest you can get is 20Mbit down and 1Mbit Up. (Some areas have 100Mbit Home connections, but this is <50.000 people)

In countries like South-Korea and Japan, Speeds reacht 52Mbit.

So its a good promotion stunt to give people 250MB, while the average home users has less than 512Kb upload limit

Again I have heared that US internet is slow.

gmail has upgraded the space limits to 2107mb 2.17GB, thats great for a free email account
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

Originally posted by GroveStreetNetworks
    gmail has upgraded the space limits to 2107mb 2.17GB, thats great for a free email account
    And counting......

Right now its at 2107.701836 MB
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Yes, most people in Asia still have 2Mb.

Get a GMail or a 1GB Yahoo Mail and start asking your friends to send it to your new address. Over time, the transfer will be done.

Reasons you should jump soon:

a) Such a big company like Microsoft would still have 2nd thoughts about giving 25Mb atleast? I believe, if Google never announced their Gmail, Hotmail would be content with charging a fee for their premium email. 2Mb is just ridiculous, Yahoo then gave 6Mb.

It gives me an impression that they will do whatever to squeeze for every profit.

b) The website is bloated and thus much slower. With two huge banners.

Based on this principle, I don't use Hotmail anymore.

Originally posted by Bashar

i don't see how it's discrimination? it's just a business practice and they want to limit it to their American and Canadian customers. No big deal, if you want more space, use Yahoo! or Gmail. It's probably also because advertisers pay more for American and Canadian advertising so it will pay off quicker for MS.

Regards.
    Right on!
    I too have been with them since 98 and it would be a huge hassel to try to attempt to migrate to another service like Gmail. I have had 250mb on all my accounts for months already. And I am still using 1% of my space. I do also think hotmail is just as good a service as gmail or yahoo. Alot of people are just anti-hotmail because its owned by Microsoft.

Originally posted by immortal9
    Gmail is no longer 1 GB, so Gmail beat Microsoft yet again. Once you've tried Gmail there is no need to go back to Hotmail.
    Exactly, GMail beat Microsoft in overselling. Great job GMail, thank you for raising the expectations of customers upwards by an unimaginable amount.

I actually like hotmail a lot. I got a GMail account and I didn't like it.

As the post before me said, right on!

I use both Hotmail and Gmail.

I'll always keep my hotmail account though, if for no other reason than that I've had it for 9 years now and it would just feel wrong to give it up now.

Also if your looking for a Gmail invite take a look at this site:
    http://isnoop.net/gmail/

definitely agree. there are many ways to obtain one of these nice gmail invites
    .-=={[(' Sitedesigner ')]}==-.

~Entrepreneur at heart~ Pm me.

Originally posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    Yep, it's slow 15mb/2mb $49.99

http://www22.verizon.com/fiosforhome...ot/package.asp

Thats a greath offer and how is the coverage? Whole US?

Can anybody tell whom to contact in HOTMAIL to get it done with 250 MB? :-))

18 April 2005

Originally posted by Johnburk
    @raghav

Change your country code into US and choose a state like CA or FL and within 1 week you get 25MB and within 30 days you get 250MB

Please giude me that how to change the country in HOTMAIL profile? :-)

I have heared that US has low speed internet connection compared to the rest of the world.

Again I have heared that US internet is slow.
    I see.

I'm sure they've got connections faster than what we get as standard here in the UK... and over here they're just starting to sell 8Mb connections with unlimited use & unlimited local & national calls for £41.50 a month - which is very cheap over here!

Oh! Please. This thread is about the HOTMAIL "NOT" about the connection speeds :-( Please tel me that how to change the COUNTRY name in the HOTMAIL profile, I am not able to locate that.

Thanks again!

What a charming attitude.

www.passport.net

Go to: 'View or edit your profile'

Country and address details are in there.

I'd imagine they use that for hotmail too.

Originally posted by KI-ChrisE
    What a charming attitude.

www.passport.net

Go to: 'View or edit your profile'

Country and address details are in there.

I'd imagine they use that for hotmail too.
    Thanks for your help!

It worked and I am expecting for the account size increase, you have any idea that how long its gonna take?

Thanks once again for all the help!

@raghav

Please learn to read and to be polite. It will give you more chances in life!
    @raghav

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast