hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : backup drive questions

Forum Jump

backup drive questions

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 04:26 PM

backup drive questions

I'm getting ready to order a server from resellerworkz and I have a question about the backup drive. here is the servers specs
AMD28
- AMD Athlon XP 2800 processor
- 1024MB DDR RAM
- 120GB ATA Hard Drive
- 1000GB Bandwidth

my first question is does the backup drive need to be the same size or can it be much small. Please note I will not be useing even 10th of the main drives space.

ALso I just got an account with BQ Internet Corporation for backups, so do I even need a second drive for backup?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

You said that you won't be using 10th of the main drive, so a smaller backup drive will be fine.... and for added security, you can still get the smaller drive even though you have a remote backup from bqinternet. The More Backup the better.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Managed Hosting Expert

Extra backup is useful, but to be honest if you're getting two disks and have remote backup I'd put them both into software RAID1 (requires same sized disks), this ensures that should one drive fail your server wont go down, and the other drive will have all of your data stored.

Dan

█ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 21, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:27
Symantec to Discontinue Backup Exec.Cloud; Customers Presented with Next-Step Options Web Hosting News 2013-12-03 14:49:46
The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Cloud/Online Backup: Part 2 Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:31
The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Cloud/Online Backup: Part 1 Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:32
Hostway Launches Cloud Drive and Cloud Backup Web Hosting News 2013-02-12 11:44:54