Question Weird propagation situation

On Friday, 3/8/02 about 5pm EST I changed with my registrar my domains pointers to NS1 and NS2 of a new host. That host is only hosting my email (fastmail.fm). Since the domain in question I used anyway for email only, I didn’t care about a one page site I created there just to show presence.
    Today is 3/11/02 about 9:15 pm EST - about 76 hours later, my email already goes to my new host (started on Friday night) and since Saturday night doesn’t go to my old host’s POP3 boxes at all.

I would expect after 76 hours not to be able to access my small site at the old host’s server - but low and behold - it comes up faster then ever!

Further more, I can still use my old host’s SMTP server with no problem. Am I just ignorant or is there something weird happening??

Reuven

Depending on your old host and ISP, I would expect this to happen for another 48 hours. In order to process requests faster, DNS servers cache nameservers, so until all the world's DNS server's nametables are updated, there will be at least 1 computer in the world that will show your page as served by your old host. The whole process can take up to 1 week (or so I've heard)