Thread: AWBS or MB

AWBS or MB

Hi
    I am using MB with Onlinenic Module.
    But my clients doesnt change whois and DNS via MB.
    AWBS do this.

How can I change whois and DNS via MB with Onlinenic module?
    How can I rebill domain renew via MB with Onlinenic module?
    http://tezforum.com
    Technology Education Zone Forum
    OS, CP, Security, Scripts....

I think you should ask MB support. Never know MB support Onlinenic, I thought MB only support enom.

I am using onlinenic also, all I know their API is very limited. So very few billing system successfully integrate well with Onlinenic.

I guess you have to use onlinenic's own (non-branded) end user admin site, https://www.dns-diy.com. Give this link to your customers to manage their individual domain name.

I like AWBS, it integrated so well with enom you get your own branded domain name registrar site up quickly selling almost everything enom provide. And enom reseller account provided free when you purchase AWBS.

Now it even support other registrars and more hosting control panels. Pretty cool.

Having used both, I'll say hands down AWBS wins this one.
    Modernbill is good, but it's outgrown itself, trying to corner every edge on the market out there, and giving customer email addresses out to known spamhauses (not good).

Configuration:
    Modernbill takes forever to configure packages, etc, properly. Now, admittedly, I haven't had to do that in AWBS , as it imported everything, but from what I've seen, AWBS is 10x easier to deal with. Multiple packages? Not a problem, multiple quantities? Yeah, they support that!! Kind of blew me away when i saw that, but I like it.

Support:
    Modernbill has, hands down, the industry's WORST support turnaround period. I've had tickets open for days, sometimes weeks before someone responded, and their "9-5" policies are just absolutely horrific.
    AWBS/Drams has the BEST support that I've seen in the industry, bar none. From their forum support to their helpdesk, I've yet to see anything better, and I've tried a lot of 'em

Ease of use:
    I've got to say that (to me), AWBS is much easier to use than modernbill ever was, from the admin side AND from the user side.

Of course, them's just my 0.02 on the matter
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Hi linux-tech;
    Thanks your reply....
    I am going AWBS
    http://tezforum.com
    Technology Education Zone Forum
    OS, CP, Security, Scripts....

We use Modernbill on our Uneedawebsite.com site and AWBS on our Captaindomains.com site.

Each does a different kind of job. AWBS allowed us to put up a web site, complete with ordering and billing, in a short period of time. I also like the way it operates in many ways.

Modernbill has turned into a monster that has poor and confusing support. If I knew ahead of time what a pain Modernbill is to work with and how many bugs it has, I would never have purchased it.

That said, it *is* a powerful billing system. It's just that a lot of the operational aspects don't make any sense and it appears to have a lot of unresolved bugs that are being ignored in favor of adding more features.

One useful feature that Modernbill could have is Directi integration, but as I understand it, Directi does not make Modernbill any $$$, so no Directi support.

So, each has its advantages and disadvantages. What I'd like to see is a non-buggy Modernbill that works more like AWBS. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

I hear that their MB importer was beefed up in AWBS 2.0. Why keep suffering.

8. I was wondering why so many high profile webhosts prefer Modernbill.
    In fact I have never heard of any high profile webhosts using AWBS.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

In fact I have never heard of any high profile webhosts using AWBS.
    Probably because awbs just became awbs about a month ago.

10. OK. Correction.......

In fact I have never heard of any high profile webhosts using AWBS or DRAMS.

Originally posted by linux-tech
    Probably because awbs just became awbs about a month ago.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Roy,

In the begining, Modernbill was all there was. DRAMS was initially a ENOM interface only (Domain Registration And Managment) and it wasn't until a year ago or so they release their DRAMS+ product which supported billing and a few CP's and payment processors. With the release of AWBS 2.0, its become a polished product. Supporting a very large number of CP's and having a modular interface that will allow integration with most anything in the future.

If I was a Modernbill user for years with 100's or 1000's of customers I would not relish the thought of converting it to ANY other billing package EVER. Inertia is a tough thing to overcome and the old time users will never leave Modernbill but keep working with it and tweaking it until it behaves and grumbling under their breath.

I used to be a Modernbill user but I only had about 15 customers input into it before I switched to DRAMS+ and now AWBS. I feel that I can grow with AWBS and really like their product. For smaller hosting companies (which there are tons of) this is a good way to go.

No, I am not a sales guy for them, just a happy customer.

Yeah and you can use it as a backend system only or a full site.
    No Signature Required

WebGuyz,

May I ask you if you entered your customers manually into AWBS or did you use a script to import them?

Thx

AWBS comes with a mb import script that works like a charm. I used it myself when switching from one to the other.

Is there anything that does NOT get imported? Any problems during the migration?

I don't recall any problems myself, just follow their instructions and you'll be set.