Thread: Savvis?

Savvis?

Hi friends.

Is Savvis a good datacenter?

Thanks...

very good ,i have a server at savvis and hevent seen any problem with them .

IMHO Savvis network is one of the best out there. For the most part, the "new" Savvis network used to be the legacy Cable & Wireless/Exodus backbone, and they peer with everyone. It's a very reliable and stable choice. You do get what you pay for, tho; They are hardly cheap.

As for datacenters, Savvis has several on a worldwide scale, with interconnents and exchange points all over the place. No wonder why the largest enterprises use them, including eBay, Google, Yahoo, etc.

Thank you friends. But i can't see server plans and costs. Where can i see?

they are not selling servers so you can try http://www.layeredtech.com , they have servers at savvis

I could easily be wrong, but I don't know if you can rent a server directly from Savvis. You can colocate there, sure. Find a company that has some space in Savvis, and rent from them. LayeredTech has their servers there, I've got one from them, and it's great. Do a search for LT to get some more info.

Savvis isn't your your average datacenter. I don't think they lease out dedicated servers to end users in the sence as do EV1, The Planet, Burst, etc... They deal primarily with larger clients looking to colo with them, or those that need high quality bandwidth and are willing to pay for it. If Savvis does sell dedicated servers to the general public, I bet they won't be cheap.

If I were you, I'd look for a provider such as LayedTech, which I beleive is hosted in the Dallas Savvis DC.

Savvis make direct sale?

Savvis is Excellent!
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Re:SAVVIS

Highly recommended!
    26 of our racks are located in SAVVIS (Boston ONE) and their service is excellent.

Savvis will make a direct sale but it won't be cheap, you'll end up paying the same kind of price you would with Verio, etc.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Hello icdsoft

Have a msn or icq adress? Im from Turkey. I want to meet you.

I can't see server plans

Savvis *does not* have server plans, they *do not* sell servers.

Savvis is collocation (see www.google.com)

If you want a server on Savvis bandwidth, you need to find a provider who has Savvis bandwidth.

IE: LayeredTech.com has racks and bandwidth and offers servers on Savvis.

Savvis is a IP backbone, not a dedicated server provider.

I understand you now LayeredTech.com is good. Which other firms do you promise me?

SAVVIS has been a perfect facility for me, through LayeredTech like everyone else here. They're really probably your best bet.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

And resellerworkz.com ?

What????????

.Resellerworkz.com resells for LayeredTech,
    I have servers with both and they are both owesome. Resellerworkz's price is a bit higher but they will manage your servers for you.

I've really been impressed with the SAVVIS facility in texas in terms of speed and reliability and what not. Currently get the servers through layeredtech and their response time to support tickets has been top notch.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Savvis *does not* have server plans, they *do not* sell servers.
    Not true. Savvis, much like Digex, NaviSite, etc., also sells high end managed hosting primarily to large corporations, and in most instances that will include a list of productized hardware/software they support and will lease to you. We used to have some Sun servers fully managed by Savvis; it's not cheap--you're looking at several thousands of dollars per month per machine for something like a Sunfire 280R. Last I heard they only offered managed hosting at their St. Louis facility, but that was right in the middle of their integration of CW's assets so I'm not sure now.

Why are you saying that? its obvious he needed a simple answer, dont confuse him more now by saying they offer servers.

"You do get what you pay for, tho; They are hardly cheap."

Savvis BW has really dropped in price. I was quoted $45.00. Mbps on small commits.

"Savvis *does not* have server plans, they *do not* sell servers."

Yes they do, check out their site. It's more for higher end enterprise customers.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

RackMy,

I know for a fact that Savvis does have servers for lease. Just as you said, they are full-manged solutions geared more for higher end enterprise clients. You can get these managed solutions in any Savvis IDC, not just in St. Louis.

As far as bandwidth is concerned, the pricing we were given was over $90 /meg for anything under 50 mbits, but than again, that was last year after they aquired C&W. Maybe you can get it cheaper in one of their IDC's, I dunno... As far as we're concerned, they are right up there with internap, L3, and other top shelf providers as far as quality, speed/latency, and overall uptime and redundancy.